• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P5NE SLI Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dudeski

I am having some problems with my brand new ASUS P5NE SLI mobo from ebuyer.com, I built this computer today, the actual build was fine. But when I went to boot the computer up, it displayed a messgae saying it had found my CPU, so i then restarted my PC. When I booted the computer back up nothing came up on the screen no BIOS menu, nothing. The Motheboard LED was Green, and all the fans were working fine, but there was nothing actually appearing on the screen. I have posted a support ticket asking for a refund, thinking it is something wrong with a motherboard. If anyone has any idea's over why nothing is appearing on screen, then PLEASE post a reply.

Thanks.

Here are my system specs:

MOBO: ASUS P5N-E SLI
CPU: Intel core 2 duo E8400
Graphics card: ATI ASUS 4850
RAM: crucial 1GB ddr2 ram

PLEASE REPLY!

Trying clearing the cmos first.

The E8400 is a 45 nm chip. Maybe the current BIOS on the motherboard does not support newer chips so you would have to throw in an older chip and flash the BIOS to the latest version if that is the case.

Edit:
BIOS 1404 Corrects processor mulitplier range of Intel Core 2 Duo E8XXX series. Maybe that is the issue?

thanks for the reply, alot of other Techforums are saying the same thing. I'm gunna have to fit another processor in it and then update with that one in.

Back