• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard for hd4870

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To the OP, Asus or Gigabyte X38/X48 boards are the favorites....just a word of advice, I see you have a 6750, you really need to get as close as possible to 4 Ghz to really maximize the performance of your 4870 CF setup

so what exact model? any links? and should i go asus or gigabyte?

To the OP, Asus or Gigabyte X38/X48 boards are the favorites....just a word of advice, I see you have a 6750, you really need to get as close as possible to 4 Ghz to really maximize the performance of your 4870 CF setup

Says who? maybe if you're playing at lower resolutions where you aren't GPU bound.. but then why get Xfire...

Also have you considered waiting for the X2 model?

Ditto to Brolloks -- if you have all that GPU horsepower, the CPU will begin to limit it.

*Alb wishes he had his E8400 back* :(

I have the Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4 and I love it. I've hit 600FSB 24-hour stable with Prime95 and MemTest86 while running a pair of 3870's and four sticks of 1Gb ram. This was without even touching any settings except for ram voltage (because my ram is rated at 800mhz and I was having to squeeze them into doing 1200mhz.) I've also ran my E8400 at 4.4Ghz (550 x 8) with full stability, although I had to increase the VTT and VCore to get it there. Northbridge and FSB volts were still stock tho...

It's a ridiculous overclocker, but for the price you may be able to find an X48-DS4 instead. Supposedly they should do just as well, but I have no experience with that particular model.

Back