• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think about Foxconn?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wai_Wai

Registered
What do you think about Foxconn?

I'm interested in Foxconn P35A-S available in local stores. Is it good?

Did anyone use either P35A or P35A-S or any P35 motherboard from Foxconn? If so, which model of motherboard do you use? How good/bad is it?

P35A-S specifications:
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_spec.aspx?ID=en-us0000318

My requirements:
- Mainstream/budge build
- LGA775 Socket
- support 4 DDR2 RAM, at least 8GB
- 2 PCIe x16 for 4 monitors [CrossFire is not required but nice to have]
(I also accept any motherboard with open-ended PCIe slot
- decent (not necessarily good) overclockability

Overclocking needs:
CPU: OC my E2180 to 3.0Ghz. Change of voltage will be minimal.
RAM: I want it to be 1:1 FSB:RAM ratio, so I will probably not OC at all. May want the ability to change RAM voltage.
Video card: I will try to OC my ATI HD2600Pro anyway. I'm a light gamer.
I don't OC my second ATI HD2400Pro.

I would venture to guess that since Foxconn makes the boards for everyone else, they make good boards ;)

I have never personally owned a "Foxconn" branded board, but I would not hesitate to do so (especially the Black ops! :drool:).

Foxconn make very good high performance boards such as the Mars, Black Ops and the upcoming Avenger, all very sold high end boards

i still have a hard time putting ocing and Foxconn in the same sentence.

Hopefully this board is an exception. The good news is the OCability of this board seems to be decent according to the reviews.

There is a board (A-bit?) which fancies me. It's US$2X cheaper but the OCability sucks.

This board costs me US$8X only which is a great deal, with a lot of features. What board can beat this one with about the same feature at a cheaper price? I'm afraid not.

I read the reviews from newegg. Most customers gave a thumb-up to this board. But are those reviews reliable/trustworthy?

Does anyone know where I can find more reviews from the customers who used this board?

I would have said the same exact thing six months ago, but I've realized that Foxconn have taken a huge turn in the products they're creating. I have no doubt that in the next generation or even this generation, they will either match or steal the crown from Asus. They are showing that with the boards Brolloks mentioned, the Black Ops, Mars, Avenger, etc.

I would recommend the Mars. It's a P35 like the one you were looking at, but it has very tweaker-friendly OC features. The problem will be finding one. I had a Foxconn 975XA/B and I loved it. Solid board. I really think they've made great improvements.

-Collin-

I would venture to guess that since Foxconn makes the boards for everyone else, they make good boards ;)

Pretty much...

Foxconn used to be the "silent partner" making boards for others, ovre the last few year they pop out with the odd HIGH end kick arsed board.....

it was like LG in the LCD market, LG made like %50 of the LCD panels out there, FINALLY they said, screw this, lets sell our own!

Pretty much...

Foxconn used to be the "silent partner" making boards for others, ovre the last few year they pop out with the odd HIGH end kick arsed board.....

it was like LG in the LCD market, LG made like %50 of the LCD panels out there, FINALLY they said, screw this, lets sell our own!

Good! This board should be as good as what it did in the past. I gonna try this board. Thanks.

Foxconn is great, at first when they launched their MARS, i was amazed on how they made it and one of the world's top Overclocker's (Shamino) designed or let's just say made this boards. :D

A very very OC friendly board, so easy to use! :D If you are an OC beginner, i recommend this Foxconn Mobos like mars, blackOPS, destroyer etc.. :D

Why is the MARS so expensive? The cheapest I've seen is over $200. For a P35?

I have never personally owned a "Foxconn" branded board, but I would not hesitate to do so (especially the Black ops! :drool:).

QFT They make quality stuff.

Back