• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Needed: uATX Mobo for OCing Q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonniefive79

I'm looking for any suggestions for a micro ATX mobo that will OC a Q6600 to over 3.0GHz and has dram voltage that will go to 2.25 or higher.

This is NOT a gaming machine, onboard video would be OK, but the main thing is uATX and good stable OCing.

This is my first Intel build, I have built many AMD machines recently, so I am trying to figure out what I need. I plan on using 4GB [2x2] of 1066 memory also if that helps.

i have to say hang tight for G43/G45 board to show up on newegg. the current G33/G35 boards for ocing are very picky. there was one good ocing board from gigabyte but its no longer for sale at newegg, possible EOL board.

I think I may stick with AMD phenoms for now, the 9850BE can OC to 3.0 and the 9950 should go a bit further. There seems to be more uATX Mobo for AM2+ and they seem to have more options that are useful to me. I may have to wait for Neha before I switch to Intel...

The 9850 seem to bench about the same as the Q6600 for gaming applications, but unfortunately seems to be lacking in the encoding and number crunching departments :-/

Thanks for the input

Thanks

That was the board at the top of my list. Now I have to decide if I want AMD or Intel... Micro ATX seems to cause issues in both cases for quads, but right now it seems that I won't be able to get a uATX board for the Phenom 9850 BE, since there are NONE with the 790FX chipset... I found an Asus the uses the 780G/SB700 (NB/SB) and it claims to support up to 140w TDP processors.

Maybe I should wait for a while... but who wants to wait?

Or this one.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1201758
It's a pretty interesting read, it's quite a little clocker from the looks of it.

I have one up in the classifieds, too bad you can't see it.

I honestly don't know how they clock quads, but the box and the specs say they support the quadcore, so.....

I've built a lanbox with the HDMI version, it was a very nice little board. Unfortunately it was a SFF machine for my parents, so I never really got to overclock it.

Btw, is this going to be a folding machine???

Last edited:
Btw, is this going to be a folding machine???

Probably about 90% of the time, I am also trying to rip and encode a 2000+ DVD collection in my spare time.

@ Vengance_01
No, this is not. I just got a new Antec mini p180 (only $79.99 incl shipping on newegg) I just want a quad to replace my Athlon X2 (see sig). I am working on a separate HTPC (kinda) I just got a MCE HP w/ tuner card and IR remote etc for free so it's in the works, pretty low on the list though. 2TB fileserver is next...

Well, I certainly can't wait to get my new folding machine running. Actually it's going to be my Bench by day, fold by night machine, but whatever.
I bought this board for a low power discrete folding unit I was going to put together a while back, but blew the cash on my main rig instead. Now it's just sitting here. Booo.

Oh well, Fold on!

i just picked up the p5e-vm hdmi last weekend, im going to be out of town for the next 5 days so im not going to be able to play with it till i get back :/

Well I still haven't bought the board yet... It seems I thought it would be a better idea to go to Vegas for 2 weeks.

Anywho, I see there are a few uATX boards out with the new G43/45 chipset now. Has anyone tried out the G43 or G45???

Back