• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loud squeal from P5N?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

I just got my motherboard in today. I installed it and everything looks good, so I turn it on. For some reason there is an extreamly loud, high pitched noise coming out of the computer. what could this be

So...what did it turn out to be? Did you forget a power plug on a gfx card? I know that the 8800 series SCREAM when they don't have a 6 pin power plug connected.

You know it was most likely something small and embarrassing if he posted back to his own post with NVM. :) Come on man, let us know.....we've all done stupid stuff.

e.g. - I was installing XP on a customer's machine, wondering why when I deleted a 1GB partition it didn't merge with the rest of the blank space. About 5 seconds passed till I realized that I had left my USB key with all my tech tools on it in the back of his machine. Thank god I had a backup! LOL

Back