• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to get kingmax??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got mine from q-bit pc. It was the first time I bought from them and would not recommend them to other's even thou I had no trouble the do not have a good rating at reseller ratings.
Newegg sells it and they have a good rep.

When I bought mine the price was not much more than crucial 2100.

I have gotten mine to 174fsb cas 2 and 187 cas 2.5 at 2.8v.

Here is a good comparison of a couple different ddr memory.

http://www1.overclockers.co.nz/ocnz/misc/ddrguide/2.shtml

Well the kingmax does go higher at cas 2 by about 3-4mhz at the same voltage so if the price is close then the kingmax may be worth it but if prices are alot more then no.

Do NOT buy it from AccessMicro. Mine arrived yesterday and it has the suspect markings of "-07A" which the consensus seems to be are the 7.5ns chips, not the advertised 5ns chips.

I picked up some Kingmax DDR333 a week ago from Kommax.

It came with 5ns chips on it and I am running it CAS 2.5 @200FSB with stability. I haven't tweaked any further than that yet as I am still installing and configuring things on the new box.

Right now I am waiting for the AS epoxy to set on the big GF3 ram sinks before I toss that in and start 3dmarking. Well, at least run it a couple of times before I crash for the night anyway :eek:

Henry

AccessMicro agreed to RMA the RAM they sent me with the -07a chips. Now whether or not they purposefully sent me the slower chips and are only replacing it because I caught them, or if it was an honest mistake, I don't know.

Back