• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X48T-DQ6 unofficial BIOS thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liquid3D

The ksBrainstorms Mad Reviewer (R.I.P.)
My board is Rev 1.0

Some of the latest BIOS versions and files I've found are located here at this site called Station Drivers. I don't know whom write's these BIOS versions or where they derive from which is probably most important. I would guess many of us simply download BIOS versions because the number is higher having no idea whom wrote the driver or what it supprts until it's too late.

Case in point, from the offcial F4 (which really needs to be updated) BIOS version DES worked fine and that was on a 65nm Q6600 now on a 45nm Q9450 the program seems to be operating, but is not showing any improvement in power saving. It does give the impression it's shutting down power stages as there are only 6 on the X48 boards with dual Chokes giving the appearance of a 12-phase power supply.

They have a thread at Xtremesys which has convoluted links to BIOS versions as high as F7. I decided to check oiut the Station Driver Site above and wonderr has the F5H BIOS version done anything for me? No.....

Hence the reason for this thread. Why shouldn't we at OCF have our own X48T-DQ6 BIOS thread

Attachments

• ScreenshotofStationDriver_X48T_BIOS.jpg
    ScreenshotofStationDriver_X48T_BIOS.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 255
Heya Liquid,

Yea, there's a really good thread over at XS:http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=181752
But while I'm waiting for my registration to be approved, I thought I'd do a search over here b4 I started my own thread for OCForums. Thanks for making one.

I recently flashed to f5a bios. I've been hitting a dead end with all bios versions I've tried f4, f5 and f5a, when it comes to getting my poor Q6600 to 3GHz.

I know it will do it since I have previously been to 4GHz with this chip: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=558492
but this board is significantly more sophisticated and somewhat more counter-intuitive when it comes to BIOS settings.
Perhaps we can get some input from our OCForums X48T owners as to settings and recommended BIOS versions.

EDIT: Don't I feel silly. I missed that the Command Rate was defaulting to 1T for some reason. Changed it to 2T and Voila. 400FSBx8=3.2GHz and 1600Mhz on the RAM.
Can't wait to unleash this system.

Last edited:
Back