• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA Problem...Maybe you can help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sakmmeeks

Registered
I dunno who to ask, so I hope one of you might be able to help me out. Just got all the pieces to this setup in the mail today. I wanted a smaller PC that still has some power to it. I have 2 diff places and want to be able to take this with me when I need to.

GIGABYTE GA-G33M-S2L Intel G33 Core 2 Quad Socket 775 1333 MHz mATX running a Core 2 Duo Quad 2.66 GHz 1333 MHz with 4gb Ram (Patriot), Nvidia 9800gtx PNY graphics card. All in a Thermaltake VF6000BWS. It looks very sleek, however, I had to modify the cage piece where the CD Devices screw into so the graphics card could fit. The hard disk cage doesn't fit cus of the graphics card either so after fitting it in a smaller enclouser I have laying around, it is velcro'd in. There is room for 1 more LOL.

My problem is the graphics card is so big it covers 3 of the 4 SATA ports. It barely allows room to allow the 1 plug to fit. I wouldn't be so bummed if it were 2 but 3! I was hoping to do a RAID setup with this mini PC but I am being denied. Any suggestions as what I could do? I'm kind of assuming almost all high end graphics cards will cover those 3 slots. It's the only flaw on the moboard in my opinion.

I wish I had one laying around but I don't think it has room enough for it. I will try it and post here what happens as soon as I can get my hands on one.

Amazing. The right angle cable fits perfectly, however, the cable blocks 2 of the 3 extra ports. This is fine since I only need access to 2 ports. I still think that these should have been placed better on the moboard, but overall still a great buy (assuming everything goes well). Still not fully setup yet. Tested everything so far and all is good. Just waiting for my OS and sound card in the mail and this little black beast will be ready to rock!

Thermaltake VF600BWS LanBox Lite
GIGABYTE GA-G33M-S2L Intel G33 Core 2 Quad Socket 775 1333 MHz
Core 2 Duo Quad 2.66 GHz 1333 MHz
PNY Nvidia 9800GTX OC 725mhz
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series
4GB Ram Patriot
2x500gb Samsung HD502IJ Spinpoint with Raid 0

They also have right-angled SATA cables that bend the other way, if you need to use more connections

Back