• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need MotherBoard HELP ..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trickson

I have an EVGA 680i Mobo ( not the greatest OC'er board for the Q6600 or the E8200)
I need to know what Mobo is out there that will support SLI (As I have 2 8800gt's ) . And also one that will be a great Over Clocking mobo at the same time .
Price well lets try to keep it in the real world some thing not over $200.00 Dollars if this is possible .

I have an EVGA 680i Mobo ( not the greatest OC'er board for the Q6600 or the E8200)
I need to know what Mobo is out there that will support SLI (As I have 2 8800gt's ) . And also one that will be a great Over Clocking mobo at the same time .
Price well lets try to keep it in the real world some thing not over $200.00 Dollars if this is possible .

Listed are 28 boards (AMD and Intel) that support SLI and are priced between $100-$200

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Description=SLI+motherboard&name=$100+-+$200

As far as overclocking... let's wait for folks to chime in and offer their experiences on the boards in the list.

Thank You.
It would be nice to hear from some people here about the choices .
Seems a bit slow here .

If you want to stay with SLI/Nvidia, then there's only 2 boards that have 2x true 16x lanes:

If you're not happy with the 680i's, then go with the 750i:

ASUS P5N-D

EVGA 123-YW-E175-A1

I'm not into the SLI so I cannot say for certain which is best out of the 2. There's has been good and bad things about the 750i FTW tho.

If you want to stay with SLI/Nvidia, then there's only 2 boards that have 2x true 16x lanes:

If you're not happy with the 680i's, then go with the 750i:

ASUS P5N-D

EVGA 123-YW-E175-A1

I'm not into the SLI so I cannot say for certain which is best out of the 2. There's has been good and bad things about the 750i FTW tho.

Thank you .
Yes I have to stay with SLI I do like it very much and also out of the 750i what would be the best for over clocking ? I want to get higher than what I can with the 680i seems to be at its max with 1850 FSB and can not go any higher .

i would say if your getting a new board get te 750i ftw. with the way things are going i would say consider selling off your 8800GT's and go CF with some 4850's. this will get you want you want, twin video cards and great ocing by the intel chipset.

i would say if your getting a new board get te 750i ftw. with the way things are going i would say consider selling off your 8800GT's and go CF with some 4850's. this will get you want you want, twin video cards and great ocing by the intel chipset.

So are you saying he should get it, or he shouldn't? :confused: FTW isn't an intel board so it kinda contradicts your CF suggestion.

Yeah well I just got these and I really want to keep them . SO there has to be more in the line of SLI than just that as CF is AMD not Intel .

So are you saying he should get it, or he shouldn't? :confused: FTW isn't an intel board so it kinda contradicts your CF suggestion.

i always seem to look at the bigger picture with computers. as i did suggest the 750I ftw for a SLI board. given the new video cards out now though , i suggest he think about selling the 880GT's for a CF setup instead. as selling the 8800GT's on ebay could net him the same amount of money for buying 2 4850's. then getting a intel based board for good ocing for either cpu he may choose. as i took away the OP just wanted to run 2 video cards in his system, not caring if it were CF or SLI. sorry if i confused you or anyone else.

Ok I picked up a HD 4850 the other day I am going to go with crossfire and I still need help in finding the right mobo for this . any one have any Ideas ?

holy thread revival batman! if your are looking to crossfire soon look at the x38 and x48 mobos as they are the only ones to offer 2x 16x pcie lanes. asus makes some great boards, something like a p5e or a rampage should serve u well.

i would get either the P5Q-Pro or the P5Q-E
or if you dont mind get the Biostar TP45HP

i would get either the P5Q-Pro or the P5Q-E
or if you dont mind get the Biostar TP45HP

Ok now for the million dollar question what one of them is crossfire and what one of them would you get ? Link please ...:beer:

Now that is what I am talking about THANK YOU!!! I will let you know what one I get soon .

Back