• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My mouse and keyboard stopped working on my XFX nForce 780i SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trist007

Registered
I took out my 9800GX2 and put in my old 8400GS (eww) cause I'm planning on stepping up. However, I forgot to remove the nvidia drivers for the 9800GX2. I turned off the comp, put in the 8400GS and rebooted. Booted into windows xp fine. A system message saying that it was installing my intellimouse (which was wierd because these drivers had already been installed). After that, my usb mouse and ps/2 keyboard never worked again. The keyboard works fine in BIOS but once I hit windows it's dead. The num locks keys go on and off on command but the keys just don't send any input. I tried booting to safe mode and still both devices do not work.

Is this an irq conflict issue? I have no other usb devices loaded up. I just have that 8400GS in pci_e x 16 slot and a pci ethernet card in one of my pci slots. I tried taking out that ethernet card and still no change. I tried moving the 8400GS but system told me to put it back in slot 1. What should I do? Do I have to reinstall win xp?

Try booting to os without keyboard/ mouse then plug it in in different usb port.

Back