• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which CPU cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jay-Z

Registered
which CPU cooling do you guys recommend?

mobo: GigaByte GA-EX38-DS4
cpu: Intel Core 2 Quad,Q9450
gpu: Sapphire Radeon HD4870
mem: Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF,4096MB, 1066MHz, DDR2, PC8500, 2x

I've seen a lot of good reviews on the Arctic Freezer 7 pro..
do you guys think that's a good option or is there a better one?

there is no regular cooling subforum, is there?

but let's say i go extreme and take that u120. what temps would i get at 3.5ghz for example?

what is extreme and what is regular anyway?

I know what is meant by extreme cooling, but what is extreme overclocking? oc my cpu to 3.5 ghz?

Extreme cooling is considered a cooling solution which will take your processor below feezing point. Things like phase change units, dry ice, and LN2. Where you want this thread to be is in the regular cooling section.

http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

You can PM a moderator to have it moved. (guys with green names)

Anyway, the Thermalright heatsink mentioned is the top of the line air cooling solution. Since you are going with a quad-core I definitely recommend picking up the TRUE120 (Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120).

so the Arctic Freezer 7 pro will be enough cooling for my cpu @ 3.5 ghz?

Right now im idling at 35 degrees, most it idles is like 40, and at load the most I get is arounf 45 on my q6600, so you should be able to overclock it nice.

Back