• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a quad- P45 or x48

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

Which is better for overclocking a quad? A P45 board or an X48 board. I don't ever see crossfire in my future, which is what I hear X48 really excels at. But which one is better for straight up clocking? More than likely a Q6700. Thanks =)

Ok, so it looks like I'll probably be going with a P5Q then. Don't want to make a new thread, but is there somewhere that will list the differences between the 6 different P5Q's I see on Newegg so I can figure out which one is best for me?

I've had poor luck when it comes to quad fsb on X38/X48 boards, but my P45 does very well.

So unless you want highend CF, P45 is the way to go.

If it's DDR2 you want, Asus P5Q Deluxe or Biostar TP I45 (the Biostar has done 745fsb with a E8500)

yeah with my x48, i have a bit of a time ocing on the 266 strap, useing the 333 let me open things up quite abit, and a pl of 7 :( . in that regard, i like my p5k-d alot better.

The quad will more than likely be a X3230, on a P45 board. I just hope to be able to hit 400 FSB whilst keeping the 10x multi. Does anybody know anything about the DFI DK P45-T2RS? I can't seem to find a good review of it.

Back