• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nForce vs intel chipset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albyno

hey guys as you can see in my sig i have an intel chipset atm and think its really good. very reliable great for overclocking gets a bit hot tho as there is no fans for nbridge or heat pipes. also no PCIe 2.0 meh.

what i really wanted to know is if i was to buy a new mobo this week what would everyone recomend?

If i was to run dual VC then they would be ATI as the 48 series kicks *** atm so SLI not a must or need.
what are the 680 and 780 series like compaired to the e45's?
who makes the best board to cope with vdroop and drop?

im running 4 hdds would like to run raid 0 for windows but arnt doing that atm.
and only card in there is a wireless one + VC so no need for infinite expansion slots.

thanks Tim

If you wont want SLI there is no reason to go NVIDIA, Intel chipset's right now are great in everyway!

if you want raid just get a board with ICH9R, i do enjoy my DFI x38 DK t2R, and before that i loved my IP35-e

and as far as vdrop and vdroop? does one vendor cope with it better then any others? asus gigabyte MSI abit eVGA XFX?

about time someone had dual support thats really poor imo buy the MOBO first and you are forced to run a certain brand VC if u want dual GPU.

buy dual VC first and ur forced onto again a certain mobo.

is there any kind of comparison between the two? is the only noticeable difference that nvidia chipsets are for SLI and intel ones will do xfire (and sli?)

in terms of overclocking they're both the same?

Back