• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard to pair with.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jourmane

Hi guys, just joined the OC forums looking for some answers.
I am new to building systems, but i have done 2 that ran flawlessly for other people.
Need some help with mine.

mobo:ASUS P5Q-E LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherbo
gpu: Asus hd4870
cpu:e8500
ram:OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
hdd:WD cavier 640gb 7200 sata 3.0
psu:FSP Group FX Series FX760-E ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V 760W

The question is will all this stuff work together flawlessly? This is the cpu and gpu I WILL BE GETTING, but none of the other stuff is definite yet..
I want to have a smooth system...Any advice on different equipment?

I'm not familiar with that gpu, but you should be fine. All the parts look like they would get along. If anything, ram is one of the most common components to give you problems. However, in OCZ is fairly popular so you shouldn't have any problems. Just be sure, check the Qualified Vendor List located in the motherboard manual or the ASUS website to be sure if your motherboard supports those DIMMs.

get the E8400 unless you have the cash to throw around
change your HDD to the WD 640GB AAKS
not too sure about that PSU, check out some Corsair or Seasonic PSUs
a lot of people (myself included) think that the HD4850 has a better price : performance ratio but again, if you have the money they go for it... or depending on when you're going to build wait for the 4870x2 :)

Looks like a well thought out system, and everything is indeed compatible.

The E8500 is now $199 and generaly will overclock easier and higher then an E8400 as it has an extra half multiplier and is binned better. The E8400 could be said to be better value but seeing as alot of the E8400s bought recently are needing alot of voltage (1.4-1.5V) to get 4ghz its probably worth the extra $25 now.

thanks guys, im looking at newegg and im spending around 1300 for a complete system, the case to the cd drive...

Back