• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ga-ep45-ds3r bios reset problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sjvarley

I have a new ga-ep45-ds3r which was an upgrade from a different ga board -p35-dq6. Both boards have dual bios in case it can't boot correctly. On the dq6 is was easy to tell it couldn't post -- it would cycle boot (boot, turn off, boot, etc.).

my new ds3r doesn't do any of that at all, yet when I cold boot to bios it indicates that it tried multiple times to post and reset the bios. I'm not even OC'ing. ram is SPD epp at 5-5-5-15. ram is 2.1 where it should be. prime 95 stable, memtest stable. It's annoying to boot to vista 64 and see my memory timing back to some snoozy 7-7-7-24.

It doesn't seem to do it when I'm doing a warm boot, only a boot after the computer has been off all night. Is anyone else seeing this problem? I have the latest bios (F8a I think). I'm at work, so this is from memory.

I'm also having issues tighting timings of my RAM in the Bios, it does not boot unless the RAM timings are set on auto, it OC's the CPU just fine. I'm setting the timings manually in Winows using Memset 3.5 and then save the profile so it boots up with those timings. I'm using bios F7, hopefully they will fix that in the next Bios revision.

bios resets

Yeah, maybe it's a bios bug. I'm running F8A, and it's the same.

I wish the mb would beep when i couldn't boot, or thought it couldn't boot correctly. It seems there isn't any indication.

I thought about changing it in windows. I just haven't tried that yet.

Yeah, maybe it's a bios bug. I'm running F8A, and it's the same.

I wish the mb would beep when i couldn't boot, or thought it couldn't boot correctly. It seems there isn't any indication.

I thought about changing it in windows. I just haven't tried that yet.

I've been doing a bit of reading since your post here and it appears that a lot of people are having the same issue, frustrating as hell, well, I've replaced it with P5Q3 for now, hopefully they will bring out a fix for it in the form of a revised Bios soon, LMK if you come across a fix or something :)

Back