• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p5k-e (wifi) + e4300 overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iaiajo

hi guys, i was trying to overclock for my first time, can someone with this board and the processor can help me? because i tried to make it up to 3gigs but after descompresing a big 7z file (4 gigs) the pc just restarted in the middle of the work, and after i downgrade it to 2.7 i have some strange mouse lag but is rare and also some slow downs abit here a bit there but i can play all my games like a charm..... but my main goal is to get to 3gigs if some one could be so kind to help me i will appreciate it.

first of all i tried some reference overclocking from a core 2 duo e2180, here is how it suppose to overclock to 3gigs:
ai overclock: manual
cpu ratio control: manual
cpu ratio: he said 10 to 8 but mine is 9
dram freq: ddr2 - 800
cas#: 5
ras#: 5
ras# active: 15
cpu spread spectrum: disable
pcie spread spectrum: disable
cpu volt: 1.35
dram volt. 1.8
fsb termination volt: 1.20
north bridge volt: 1.4
south bridge volt: 1.05
cie support dissabe (that one i cannot even find it lol)
intel speed step: disable
and the pcie stuff to 100

my main specs are:
intel core 2 duo e4300
asus p5k-e (wifi)
corsair cm2x2048-6400c5dhx (2 sticks for 4 gigs)
and ofcourse a gigabyte radeon hd4850

thanks for any help

well this is my first...

Welcome to the Forums! :welcome:

my first question would be did you prime95 your computer for a good 24 hours or so to make sure its stable?

hey thanks bro, well to tell you the truth i didn't but doesnt matter i think i know i have problems i just need to know like how many volts i need to ad to each stuff or something like that lol i just copycat this from one forum with a guy using a pentium (those new that are lesser than core 2 duo but still with 2 cores) :p

Back