• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P5K or Asus P5K/EPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
EPU for me. It saves some electricity. If you're buying a brand new one, and using only 1 physical card, then I suggest you go for the p5q. I recommend the p5q pro.

EPU for me. It saves some electricity. If you're buying a brand new one, and using only 1 physical card, then I suggest you go for the p5q. I recommend the p5q pro.

I dont need a mobo that allows for sli as i find that pointless. 1 physical card means what? so you think the EPU version i mentioned for a slightly oced q6600, ati 4850, and 4 gigs 800 mhz ram?

Since you're using a single card (1 card but with any amount of cores, take 4870X2 for an example), lots of options are opened up. One of the best chipset for this situation is the intel p45.

I'm sorry I did not make myself clear. EPU just powers down when it's on idle. It should not affect the maximum power draw for the system. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Back