• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI x48 dk t2rs issues...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

+sYnc3+

:temper:Good Day all,
Im having a few issues with my mobo or possibly some other hardware..Any input or help would be appreciated...1st thing..when shutting down from Ubuntu 64bit the computer just freezes on the logout screen...when i hit the power button or reset button..it does nothing..i have to pull out the plug...then to boot back up it doesnt..i have to reset my cmos with the jumper and then it boots back up.. 2nd thing..Last night on my Vista drive...i was playing some music in Wmp and it just stopped..i went back to the computer and it was completely frozen..my desktop and everything was showing..but no response..again i had to pull the plug and reset cmos...Any ideas..Cheers

hey..

Sup Dudes..How could i be sure its the PSU..i dont want to start ripping this box apart..lol..checked board for blown caps..all are in order..For now im running @ my stock clock and voltage to see if the computer stays on and stable..just a few Minutes ago i came home..it was frozen..ONly the mouse was moving..everything else ws frozen solid..IM really hoping its not the mobo...HELP>>

Update

Ok, do you have access to a digital multimeter? You can check your rails with one to see how the psu is holding up: DMM how-to guide .

OK so far so good...ive been @ 333x9 for a good few hours now...doing some folding..One thing though my voltage is not stable and drops from 1.31 to 1.29 {i use cpu z and dfi smart guardian} and back and forth on minor load or full load..@ full load its @ 1.296 constant...I can acquire a multimeter from my toolkit so thats not a problem...whats numbers should i be looking for?It boggles me that @ 360x9 @ 1.33vcore my system becomes unstable...I also did a cold boot today and it booted it no issues @ stock clock ..Thanks for the help dude...Cheers .....<<<<<<<UPDATE>>>>>Computer froze again last night when i oced..completely freezes same issues..when i come back from idle..mouse works for a minute..then freezes..power button or reset button does not work..i have to unplugged from the surge..Please any input will be appreciated...Thanks

Last edited:
Back