• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI X39 T2RB and 8 Gigs of Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lash_larue

I've got an X38 Dark and I just got two 4GB kits of Corsair Dominator 1066. I have tested each set individually with memtest and they are fine (surprisingly). I put all 4 sticks in together though and memtest keeps locking up about halfway through test 4. No errors just locks up hard and doesn't respond to keyboard input.

Right now there is no overclocking going on, just have the divider set to 333/1066. The voltage was at 2.3 when this happened and I have backed it down to 2.1 (spec) and it still happens. Noticed there was gobbledy gook appearing on the bios boot up screen and while checking out the bios settings it kept hard locking in the bios. Have upped the chipset and FSB voltages just a tad and seems to have helped that problem but still hard locking during memtest.

I bought 2 kits because every time i have bought corsair ram one stick from each kit was always bad so I bought 2 kits to get 2 working sticks, but with all 4 running with no errors I would actually like to keep the ram and run 8 gigs.

Is there anything simple i'm overlooking? This is my first DFI board ever. I have always ran Abit boards. I know I had an issue with my last Abit board where I had to disable Legacy USB to get the ram to test properly.

upping the voltage to 2.4v seems to have stabilized it. it has made one pass with memtest so far.

it took 1 hour and 10 minutes though, is it supposed to take that long? wondering if it is taking that long because of the amount?

Set tmmings manually.

Can you set command rate with this board? Some board do, I don't know about dfi. If so set it to 2t.

upping the voltage helped but i wonder why they spec it at 2.1 if it has to have 2.4? now that i think about it i was upgrading from 2 gigs of dominator 800mhz that would run at 518 at 2.4v but only at 2.4v.

i will try setting them manually and see if i can lower the voltage back. i've also asked the ram guy to see what he says.

has made 2 passes with no errors now and according to the ram guy it should take 10 - 20 mins per gig, depending on the speed of everything else.

well evidently it was just voltage holding me back. been stable all weekend at 2.4v and have even got it running at 1080mhz... and they said you can't overclock with 8 gigs - HA!

only answer i got from asktheramguy about why it wouldn't run at 2.1v was that i was voiding my warranty. doing some reading it seems like a lot of people seem to think that the 1066mhz modules are just 800mhz modules that are factory overclocked. considering i got two 1gb sticks of 800mhz dominator that will run at 1066 or slightly over but ONLY at 2.4v kinda makes me believe that, but anyway, hope this helps someone in the future.

Back