• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS Help! if you can

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deanloring

Jetway 266B mobo w/ xp1800 & 768M PC133.

I changed the dram clock in BIOS from default 100 mhz to 133 mhz. Seemed reasonable. Now nothing comes up - no post, no nothing.

I overlooked the following in the manual (not like I wasn't warned):

"The choice is either 100MHz or 133MHz (only select CPU Frequency 100MHz.)"
Great - why give me a choice?

If the battery is removed will BIOS reset or erase?

Is there anything I can do or am I screwed?

Thanks for any assistance.

Last edited:
unplug the power cord, remove the battery, move the jumper to clear. Then do the reverse after a few seconds in clear.

:welcome:

You should have a 3 pin jumper by the battery...move the jumper over to cover the one that isnt showing...this should be the CMOS jumper...by doing this you are clearing the BIOS...you should be able to boot up after clearing the CMOS...you will have to set everything in the BIOS again...including date and time...

I tried finding a good picture of the board to circle the jumper...but couldnt find anything other then a thumbsize picture...

Even though it gives you the option, the other equipment may not be up to the task of running 133.

But the 1800+ is a 133mhz CPU (or 266 or whatever you wanna call it), and the board has a KT266A chipset. It sounds like it may be detecting your CPU wrong if it's recommending 100mhz for the frequency. Not sure what to do about that, though.

Also might be worth trying some different RAM... that thing should have slots for both PC133 and DDR, so if you can find some of the latter to replace the PC133 it might make a difference.

Back