• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo Beeping now - Asus Benicia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axis

Just tried to install a new video card but all it does is one short beep followed by a long beep. I can't even revert to the built in graphics... same beeps. Help I think I killed it. I have checked and rechecked all the connections.

Unplug psu, clear cmos by removing the cmos battery. Let it sit for while. Then place the battery back and plug the psu back in. See if it'll boot up after this.

Unplug psu, clear cmos by removing the cmos battery. Let it sit for while. Then place the battery back and plug the psu back in. See if it'll boot up after this.

Negatory...

Unless anyone else has any ideas I think I will just go out and buy a decent 775 mobo.. non mATX and just get a new case too.

Are you certain the new videocard works? I'd start there

I put the old one back in... same beeping. Took the old one out and connected the onboard video... same beep. Pulled out the psu and tried another one... same beep.

I think going from the single slot relatively small 8800 gt to a big gtx260 I must have crushed something or tweaked something on the mobo. It is a mATB board. The 260 dwarfed the mobo, lol.

So what would you guys buy off this list. WIll be going there tomorrow morning. DOn't really need sli just a solid board to overclock my q6600 b0 from the bios.
http://www.microcenter.com/search/s...gory=HB1B&manufacturer_title=&sortby=pricelow

try one stick of ram at a time see if that helps
Rich

I just did that I have 2 extra sticks too.

The thing is it has been rock solid for a few weeks until I installed the new video card. I am not a novice I have done this before on so many pc's but I have never killed a part. Well I guess my 20 year streak is over, lol.

I just wish I could find out what the post beeps meant so I know for sure... it is a short beep followed by a long beep with a lomgish pause then short then long etc.. HP's site doesn't seem to list the codes. It is an american megatrends bios.

Will switching a CPU out make a mobo come back to life?

OK I just put a different CPU in (core 2 duo 2200) and walla it booted up. Put the orig Video adapter in and it is working.

How could I have fried myq6600????

reseating the cpu may have fixed it. You may be able to pop your quad back in if your lucky.

Nope q6600 is a no go but....

Anyone ever have this problem.

Now my fsb for the e2200 is only 666 instead of 800 and my ddr2 800 ram is only running at 333 1:2!!!!!!!!!!! It is a oem bios so I can't change the divider or force any settings. The multiplier changes from 6 to 11 giving me 1833 cpu speed. ARGGGGG!

I have relashed the bios with different versions and reset the mobo.

I think the mobo has lost the ability to run 800 or 1033 fsb's. The q6600 probably can't downclock to 666.... at least that is what I am hoping.

Justr rebooted again id now I am getting the FSB @ 800.

Weird.

I am gonna pull all of my fiules of the POS and return it. I'll just buy a good mobo and build up a nice PC like I should have in the first place.

Got a sweet gigabyte mobo and antec 1200 case today. Q6600 running @ 3ghz, installed vista 64 on stock voltage and right now playing crysis with no problems at all.

WIll post a new thread about my new rig. That oem mobo was a real poc.

Back