• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much will X58's cost?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I read somewhere that the X58 chip will cost $75 to manufacturers. I wish I knew other chip prices for a better comparison to translate that into our cost, but I believe nVidia 790i (or 780i, i forget), cost $100+. So I would imagine the board prices won't be ridiculous, but on-par with other high-end boards.

Doubt it, these boards i imagine will be very pricey, add tot he fact you will need 3 sticks of DDR3 and that's one expensive board/ram combo.

you don't exactly need 3 sticks you could very well run just with 1.. the memory will feel it but you can.. or am i missing something?

I'll point out that since the socket has been expanded all of our current cooling devices will need new mounts at the very least... for instances my F1 Extreme Edition CPU Pot is physically big enough to cover the nehalem but I'll need a new back plate and retention/holddown ....same is true for any of your aftermarket air coolers...they'll need to be redone in some fashion (rention clips or bolt throughs) to fit the new socket.

Worth it? Heck yes I'd say...

DDR3, been on to this for quite sometime now and I have plenty in hand...for those who ares till holding onto their DDR2 its another vaild point of consideration though.

I expect the X58s to go for $350+ initially, then as more hit the market expect to see a decrease to around $280~$300 levels ..hopefully.

Last edited:
Back