• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AB9 Pro Assembled code c-1 on display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

morganre

Please help !!

Trying to assemble a system with the following components:
MB ABIT AB9 PRO P965 775
CPU INTEL|C2D E7200 2.53G 775 45N R
MEM 2GX2|A-DATA ADQVE1B16K R
PSU ROSEWILL|RV430-2-FRB-S 430W RT
VGA MSI NX8400GS-TD256EH 8400GS RT
DVD BURN SAMSUNG|SH-S203N SATA LS
HD 500G|ST 7K 16M SATA2 ST3500630AS
CHASSIS NORCO|RPC-800 BK R

I have not been able to get the system to boot. It gives me a c-1
post error. That's as far as it gets. I did no know what was happening so I tried to contact Abit by phone and e-mail with no
response.

I have reset the bios jumper, removed the battery and received the
same error. I replaced the memory with 1GBx2 kingston
KVR667D2N5K2/2g same erro. I ordered 1GBx2 Crucial DDR2 PC2-4200
UNBUFFERED memory with no change. This is the second ABIT AB9 PRO
motherboard I tried. I REM ed one because of the same situation.
This is not the first system I have assembled. I Assembled every
system I have used for the past 20 years without any real problem.
Please Help!!!

One RAM Stick

Thanks for responding
Yes I have tried one 1GB stick, and one 2GB stick in every slot

Try a diff mobo as in diff board altogether, it seems to me, sometimes a bad lot infests a dealer, and all the boards they have are bad..

eg, buy the same board from somewhere else, or just change boards altogether.....

If all the normal stuff won't get it to post, and seeing how you have been building computers for 20 years....(me too BTW), you know the drill, disconnect everything but vid card cpu and ram, after a battery pull and cmos clear.... sometimes you just have to accept the board is bad.

I mean it could be a cpu...but that would be extremely rare.

I can get boards to boot with no ram so you should at least get a mem beep if its the ram.

err just saw ps...I would check the voltages across the board through a molex during boot attempts...

Thanks for your reply.
I tried the voltage drill it looks ok. I booted with everything disconnected except the essentials same error. I removed the RAM and booted. Got the same c-1 error with not beep. Unplugged the cpu power connector got different error code and beeps. It appears to be able to detect something other than c-1 error.

It appears my only alternative is to return it a second time for a different brand. This was my choice for a ubuntu music studio pc.

Asus MB

If the Motherboard is the problem instead of trying another Abit, I think I will go to an Asus. My last build was an Asus for a Media Center PC. I had no problems with it.

Thanks for your Input

Back