• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax 350 and OCed Athlons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
I have an Athlon 1400 that I was running at 1600, 1.85V until my Digidoc has been increasingly alerting me to low 5V line voltage. It normally runs at 4.85-4.9V, with spikes to 4.7, where the speaker starts talking to me intermittently. Could my overclocking be realted to this? When I run the proc at stock voltage and a slight OC to 1466, it doesn't dip down low enough. Does this mean that I need a more powerful PSU to supply the juice needed to keep my other rails at a decent voltage?

I know exactly what your problem is. 100% sure. Your Enermax PSU and Epox mobo have problems. This has been a long standing issue. There is a problem with this combination resulting in low 5V rails and instabilities. My suggestion would be to get a different PSU. Don't take me wrong, Enermax PSUs are very good, just that Epox mobos and Enermax PSUs have problems when combined.

One would think that the mobo and PSU don't care since they don't share signals, only tansfer poewr and shut down the fans sometimes. Hmm. I may upgrade the mobo someday anyway. Thanks

Back