• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your opinion on the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DQ6?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

legendary

I want to run crossfire and my current motherboard, Abit AB9 Pro, doesn't allow for that. Does anyone own this board have positive feedback about it? I was thinking about Asus, but after that one bad experience where it wouldn't boot up even after installing one hardware piece at a time, I decided to avoid them all together. Is Gigabyte a solid company in terms of motherboard quality and bios updates? Should I be worried about those bios update problems that some reviewers on NewEgg wrote about with this motherboard?

I've never used their boards, but I've read tons of people here use Gigabyte boards, they probably wouldn't be so popular if they were low quality. If you plan on using Crossfire, I would suggest a x48 board though. The P45 will only do 16x8, where a x48 will do 16x16.

X38 is cheaper than X48 and has the same features that you and I care about.
However, P45 should be fine for dual 4850s (If that's what you intend). Dual anything else better than 4850s will get held back by a P45.

Honestly, brand isn't something to watch out for when buying boards. All manufacturers make bad boards. And good boards. Look for reviews; those will help you determine its worth. Get a board with good reviews and do some research- all boards have quirks and you can often discover things that will help you use that board along the way.

:burn:

Back