• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need advice please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sam t

I am trying to descide if i should upgrade my motherboard.
At the moment i am running a ECS 662/1066T-M2, which wont allow me to adjust the v-core and lift the FSB over 355mhz.
I have a E6420, NVIDIA 8500GT and looking to upgrade in the near future.
I am looking for something that won't restrict my future options, has a very good overclocking capability and not ridiculously expensive. Im also going to upgrade my case with possible liquid cooling.

Any suggestions on a good motherboard to get?

I have changed my mind.
I am now looking for a good low end overclocking board.
When the LGA1366 socket is released I will upgrade everything then.

P5Q's are pretty good from what I understand and Intel Chipsets are known to be good overclockers (depending of which one of course), but I love my nVIDIA chipsets and the options of SLI or TriSLI... So I'm always going for those. had the 680i SLI and now the 780i SLI (though I'm a little confused about the latter and I'm troubleshooting it atm).

In general I'd have to say; Depends on what you will do with your system! If you're a gamer and think of using SLI... go for nVIDIA chipset boards. If you stick with single graphics, Intel-chipset boards will do great.

At least, that's my opinion ;)

Back