• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another person seeking mobo recommendations...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
hey folks... it is now clear to me that my current mobo (see sig) has decided that it has had enough... and decided to break, so this is an excellent oppertunity to upgrade!! hurrah!! The only problem is... im not entirely sure what to go for... the only 2 things it has to have is sli and socket 775... i was looking at the Asus P5N-T NF780i... i like it coz it gives me room to expand my rig... i pretty much hit the limit of what i could do with my 680i... or maybe i went too far as now its kapoot... is the 780i good? or any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated... im in Scotland so i work in pounds... and my budget is probably around £200... i use www.scan.co.uk if you want to have a gander....

Cheers!! :beer:

ah yes, iv heard many good things about the 750i FTW version... looks a very nice board, i have no intentions of going tri-sli soon but i like to know i have the option... i read reviews on the asus boards (780i ones) and apparently they dont OC very well... thanks for the help guys!!

I have had nothing but problems with Nvidia boards (namely the 680i and 780i) and I wouldn't be supprised if your 680i could be fixed with an rma. My 780i along with several other peoples 780i's that live near me were in need of an rma within a few weeks of purchase. So if you can do without sli just get a p45 or an x48.

well iv changed my mind on the 750i... mainly becuase it doesnt have enough SATA ports on it... and from what iv read i would need to buy a sound card too to make use of my 5.1 setup... im gonna stick with sli as im finding with newer games a single 8800gtx simply cant cut it at full spec, where 2 of them in sli are pretty amazing... this probably rules out a sound card as the graphics cards take up so much room....

Back