• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage Extreme released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glock19owner

Asus Rampage Extreme

The long awaited wait is now over...well for the UK it is at least...hopefully we shall see it over here in the next week or so

Overclockers.co.uk has listed the Asus Rampage as In Stock...heafty price...after conversion...458.65

This should be one sweet X48/DDR3 board :drool:

Already email Motherboardpro.com to see when they will be getting any in and if they may have a price for it...

Here is a link I found over at XS that someone posted that has a few more updated pics of the whole board plus some ;)...

Pic Link

I dont think I am going to care about price on this board...This is going to be a must have for me...should also be my last upgrade until the new Intels come out...but then again ;)...

Little update from MBP.com

Looks like Asus will have it in one week and then begin shipping out to distributors, so 2 weeks. As soon as we get a price, we will sku it up online.

Looks like we have another 2 weeks before any of the US retailers get it...just gives me enough time to either go bankrupt or design a good bank heist plan...lol...

Last edited:
Doesnt seem like too many people are interested in the Rampage Extreme...maybe a few early screen shots might get something stirring ;)...

Nord.

704FSB

ADDED: Complete writeup on above screenie

[H]

645FSB w/ 3870Mhz DDR3 Bandwidth {WR} :drool:

The setup at [H] is the same setup I have been posting about wanting to get...now it just went from a want to a need :D

Last edited:
I'm interested...just waitin for one to come available ...so I can stop drooling on my keyboard.

I think this is available mostly now. Got mine last wednesday but got stuck in the build. I am only on aircooling and the Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120's backplate is not compatible, unless you modify the backplate to have hole in the middle. Else it will squash a capacitor. :-/

I think this is available mostly now. Got mine last wednesday but got stuck in the build. I am only on aircooling and the Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120's backplate is not compatible, unless you modify the backplate to have hole in the middle. Else it will squash a capacitor. :-/

Where did you pick yours up from..please share :beer:

Please do share...

If in the US...I will be packing this setup right now...

rd - thanks for the quote :beer:

Oh, sorry guys. Got mine from Singapore. But from OldSkool's post, he sure knows where its in the US.

From XS, 2 shops in the UK...
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-284-AS
http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=856997

One thing is sure though, I paid more the US$100 than $432.59 :cry:

Are you sure there's no way to get around that?

The TRUE not mounting properly, that is.

A few work arounds posted @ XS : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196683

Oh, sorry guys. Got mine from Singapore. But from OldSkool's post, he sure knows where its in the US.

Nah, I was just converting the price shown to American dollars. Actually the stores I see pre-listing it so far are around $300+/- which isn't so bad if it's a good clocker.

That will be the understatement of the year ;)...

And as posted above...MBP will be contacting me when they recieve notice...

And if its around 450.00...just might need your help rd :burn:

lol...I'd love to help you.

One of these boards and an E8600 ...****aaaam 6GHz is going to become much more commonplace for sure. But I really like my QXs so I need to find one that does high FSB to take advantage of this board. :beer:

lol...I'd love to help you.

One of these boards and an E8600 ...****aaaam 6GHz is going to become much more commonplace for sure. But I really like my QXs so I need to find one that does high FSB to take advantage of this board. :beer:

I am curious to see what it can do with a quad...hopefully they might of found a work around for the X48 chipset limit for quads...

Really the price of the board isnt the issue...its the price of the ram that really needs to be paired with it too really make it shine...

The scarest thing on that board is the on fly OCing ability...great for experts with test stations...bad for newbies reaching in there case while the system is on OCing on the fly :eek:

And Ninja...no I havent talked MBP into a payment plan YET :D...

Heres a thread at XS with testing of the LN2

It worked at 640MHz in air-cooling though even used the no good CPU, I achieved FSB700MHz with LN2. (The dual is 694MHz) I just start inspection of the BIOS, so FSB will go up still. x9.5 will be in fun now.

640 Air Cool :attn:

Dayum! 640 air cooled :drool::drool: This board is indeed a monster. I doubt i'll see any DDR3 setups anytime soon. Moving has put a big dent in my pockets :-/

Back