• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 478 pin board either i850 or i845D that does 133Mhz bus??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skywarp99

Registered
I'm wanting a P4 478 pin board with either the intel i850 or i8545D (DDR) chipset that will do 133Mhz bus speed. I want the pci and agp in spec and memory running the correct speed either PC800 or PC2100. Thanks
Jerry

Yes, Abit has the TH7-II (i850) that uses RDRAM and the BD7 (i845) that uses DDR. Also, Asus has the P4T (i850) that uses RDRAM and the P4B266 (i845) that uses DDR.

Will the agp be 66MHz and pci 33Mhz. I would like to know what dividers are possible on these boards at 133Mhz bus speed. Thanks for the memory part. What I'm wanting to do is run a 1.6 GHz Northwood at 133Mhz bus and not overclock any other part of the system.

Thanks
Jerry

For what it's worth I have been running my TH7-II Raid at 133 Mhz fsb and my RDRAM at 533 Mhz for over 2 months now with out a single problem. It has a 1/2 agp divider and a 1/4 pci divider, as well as native support for 133 Mhz fsb chips in bios. But not only that, you can also set the pci/agp speeds to "fix" which leaves those at 33/66 Mhz respectively regardless of fsb and ram settings. A very convenient feature for us Intel overclockers IMO.

However, at present the TH7-II will not supply more than 1.625V max. Vcore for Northwood cpu's. I know a few guys have contacted Abit regarding this issue, as it could be a major setback for overclocking Northwoods, and AFAIK Abit should be looking into allowing a higher Vcore in a future bios release, but until then, this is how it is, without doing any HW mods.

Back