• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCF Podcast Contest - Win a Geforce 8800GTS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
Please follow the simple instructions below for your chance to win a Zotac Nvidia Geforce 512mb 8800GTS Video Card

ZOTAC-ZT-88SES2P-FSP.jpg

Courtesy Of FxVideoCards.com

fx_videocards_white.jpg

One entry will be drawn at random to win the contest. Each entrant will receive a number of tickets, the more tickets, the better chance you have at winning. Here is how to receive tickets:
  • 1 Ticket - Send an email to contest.ocfpodcastATgmail.com (Replace AT with @) with the following information:
    Full Name
    Email Address
    Phone Number (optional, only if you want us to call if you win!)
    OCF Username (if you have one)
    OR
    How did you hear about the contest?
  • 2 Tickets - Answer 2 of the 4 Quiz questions correctly
  • 3 Tickets - Answer 4 out of 4 Quiz questions correctly
  • 4 Tickets - Answer 4 out of 4 Quiz questions correctly and fill the short OCF Podcast User Survey

See the below post for the Official Entry Form containing all of the the quiz questions and the survey for the contest.

Disclaimer: We reserve the right to notify you via email of upcoming podcast releases and contests as well as pertinent podcast news unless you request otherwise. We will not give your information to any third party or spam your email inbox. If you fail to complete the above instructions, we reserve the right to disqualify you from the contest. If you post the answers here, or anywhere else on the internet, you will be disqualified from the contest. One entry per household.

Thanks for entering!

The OCF Podcast Staff:
Executive Producer: Matt Ring (mdcomp)
Producer and Host: Jordan Drake (jdrake90)
Assistant Producer: Ben Aldrich (Ben333)

Last edited:
Copy and paste the following into an email and send it to contest.ocfpodcastATgmail.com (Replace AT with @). Alternatively, you can copy and paste from this public Google Doc or the attached word document (see bottom of this post). Be sure to answer all questions and follow instructions to ensure your entry is valid.

Official Entry Form
Name:
Email:
Phone (optional):
OCF Username: (skip if you don't have one)
How did you hear about the contest? (only if you don't have an OCF username)

Part I: Quiz

1. Who is OCF's resident "Trollhunter"?

2. What competition did OCF members recently participate in? (Hint: Ross won)

3. Did the OCF Podcast host, Jordan Drake, go to grade school? Yes or No? (Hint: Listen to the podcast!)

4. How many of the panelists from the Tech News segment own iPhones?

Part II: OCF Podcast Survey

1. Is this your first time listening to the podcast? If not, how often do you listen?

YES or NO
If NO,
A. Every Episode
B. Every other episode
C. Sometimes
D. Rarely

2. If you have listened before, what was your favorite episode?
Choose from episodes 1-20

3. What is your favorite tech topic to discuss here at OCF or at other venues? (Choose up to 3)
CPUs, Cooling, Modding, Overclocking/Benchmarking, Tech News, Motherboards, Video Cards, Folding, SETI, Memory, Storage Devices, Tech Gadgets (iPod, Zune, iPhone, etc.), Mobile Computing (laptops, PDA's, etc.), Apple/Mac Products, Video Games, Internet/Networking, Software/Programming

4. What would you like to see more of on the podcast? (ie. Contests, Tech News, Case Mod Project Logs, anything at all!)

5. Any miscellaneous or general comments regarding the podcast, the host, the content, the distribution? (Optional, but very much appreciated!)

Attachments

• Official Entry Form.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
All this green! Fine! I'll be the first non-green, heh non-blue even, to post. Great contest here you guys are doing. I was listening to the podcast while getting ready for work today, so I know two of the four answers already ;) I'll finish listening to the rest of the podcast tonight and submit my entry :D Good luck everyone! :beer:

All this green! Fine! I'll be the first non-green, heh non-blue even, to post. Great contest here you guys are doing. I was listening to the podcast while getting ready for work today, so I know two of the four answers already ;) I'll finish listening to the rest of the podcast tonight and submit my entry :D Good luck everyone! :beer:

The first two questions of the quiz are just general OCF knowledge. Poke around OCF for a while and you'll find them.

Just a general tip. Best of luck!
;)

Matt

I have entered and I believe I got 4 tickets to my name... Now can I enter multiple times?

One per household. We want to give everyone an opportunity to win. With 4 tickets though, you have a better chance than a lot of the people who entered.
:)

Matt

Before I enter I'd like to know, is this open to US residents only? Also, when's the contest close?

Before I enter I'd like to know, is this open to US residents only? Also, when's the contest close?

At this time - I don't have a contest end date - we're playing around with Aug 13 (our next episode).

US only - sorry not to mention that before!

I want to enter, but still debating... better chances for others if I stay away with the right answers. :)

Sam and g0dm@n, you should both enter. You deserve a chance just as much as anyone else does. Since only me and Jordan have access to the entries, its impossible for any foul play to be involved. The winner will be chosen completely random using a random number generator.

Matt

Sam and g0dm@n, you should both enter. You deserve a chance just as much as anyone else does.

Matt

+1 Why should any member, blue, green, or otherwise be restricted?

I finally got around to listening to the whole podcast and entered btw ;) lol. I hope more than we see posting are actually entered.

Sam and g0dm@n, you should both enter. You deserve a chance just as much as anyone else does. Since only me and Jordan have access to the entries, its impossible for any foul play to be involved. The winner will be chosen completely random using a random number generator.

Matt

+1 Why should any member, blue, green, or otherwise be restricted?

I finally got around to listening to the whole podcast and entered btw ;) lol. I hope more than we see posting are actually entered.

You guys are right, but I'm well off, and I'm sure there are many others that aren't or are young and don't have good savings like me. :) I'm sure Sam could say the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back