• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximus Formula Vdroop mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jokers_greg

Hey guys, I'm looking for the maxium formula vdroop pencil mod. The ones I googled all have dead links :(. Anyone do the mod themselves on this forum?

I don't even know if my board needs it or not, but I'm assembling my computer anyway, might as well do the mod before I fire it up.

I haven't had any issues with my Maximus Formula and vdroop, it's been one of the best boards I've ever had regarding vdroop. I've got my vcore set to 1.16 in the BIOS and CPUZ reads exactly that at idle, and maybe 0.08v droop under load.

I haven't had any issues with my Maximus Formula and vdroop, it's been one of the best boards I've ever had regarding vdroop. I've got my vcore set to 1.16 in the BIOS and CPUZ reads exactly that at idle, and maybe 0.08v droop under load.

Um, .08v droop under load is really, really bad....especially if LLC is on.

hmm, guess it won't need it then. However would still be nice to know how to do it. Can't hurt doing the mod.

I've never done the actual reading myself, but apparently the MF has no vdroop if you have "Loadline Calibration" set to Enabled. :shrug:

Back