• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xFx 780 i help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stillnotavette

Registered
ok hi all I have a xFx 780 i with a q6600 and have a few questions about some of the setting and what they are called/ mean.

I have a a good understanding of how ocing works well i think I do .lol
but I have read many post about oc with asus boards and they have good info but some of it dose not translate in with my xFx board like i do not show any of thees setting

Modify Ratio Support - disabled, but you can if you want to select a different multiplier. For the Q6600, 9x is the highest as I said. If you enable this, you can select a lower one if you want, some people think a lower multiplier and a higher FSB is better. For example: 9x333 = 3.01 GHz and so does 8x375. In my experience, doing this can lead to faster synthetic benchmark scores, but most real-world applications usually don't go appreciably faster.

C1E – Intel’s so-called enhanced halt state. Read Anandtech’s blurb about it here for more. Disable initially, enable later on and see if the system remains stable. This is a power savings option.

Max CPUID value limit – disable unless you’re running an older O/S like Windows NT.

Vanderpool – disable unless you’re running VMWare or virtualPC; this option enables additional extensions within the processor that yields added acceleration when running multiple O/S’s on the same machine through virtual machines.

CPU TM function – enable. Option affects CPU protection/throttle management to help you when you don’t realize you’re pushing your chip too hard.

Execute Disable Bit - enable. XP has a setting to help with virus protection and requires this set to enable.

I dont seem to have any of thees setting under "Advanced chipset features" and i feel that some times some thing holds my cpu back when i check it in cpu-z and it show my cpu* is 6 witch i a Modify Ratio Support but i do not have this setting I was just would like to know if there is a post on this board and a guid on coing with it. I have looked and cant find but i might of missed it some were but it would help
Thanks

Back