• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p5e deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

REDTOP

Registered
hi noobie here:eh?:

just want to know the max voltage of my motherboard. like the northbridge and other voltages. cuz i oc'd my 6750 to 3.5GHz 1.51V, then everything i set to auto. i know that 6750 max volts is 1.5++. but all the other stuff i really have no idea, so pls, if you have mobo like mine, can you help me for the voltage, cuz im afraid to burn my mobo. i know oc'ing using auto volts is not decent/stable.

hi noobie here:eh?:

just want to know the max voltage of my motherboard. like the northbridge and other voltages. cuz i oc'd my 6750 to 3.5GHz 1.51V, then everything i set to auto. i know that 6750 max volts is 1.5++. but all the other stuff i really have no idea, so pls, if you have mobo like mine, can you help me for the voltage, cuz im afraid to burn my mobo. i know oc'ing using auto volts is not decent/stable.

:welcome: to the forums!

Well, I have that board and I know that the Bios will tell you what setting is default and what the max is when you have a selection highlighted. Keep your NB under 1.55, there is no reason to even go that high with a dual. The cpu voltage you are running is MAXED out...I would really keep an eye on my temps if I were you...there really isn't a need to touch any of the other settings, best left at default, except for the v references...you can set the CPU at .63x and the NB at .67x, but they are already defaulted there anyhow.

Tnx:clap:

yeah i know my cpu core is maxed out., but no worries for the cpu. idle is around 19-25 oc'd to 3.60ghz:D im just worried for the other stuff thats why i set it to auto, so set the CPU at .63x and the NB at .67x and other voltage are stock/auto? and thats its? there are a lot of voltage i see in bios, i really dont know what are they thats why i didnt change them, imma try those voltage first and see if i can reach 3.6ghz on my e6750. :eh?:

Tnx:clap:

yeah i know my cpu core is maxed out., but no worries for the cpu. idle is around 19-25 oc'd to 3.60ghz:D im just worried for the other stuff thats why i set it to auto, so set the CPU at .63x and the NB at .67x and other voltage are stock/auto? and thats its? there are a lot of voltage i see in bios, i really dont know what are they thats why i didnt change them, imma try those voltage first and see if i can reach 3.6ghz on my e6750. :eh?:

The options are there for you to tinker with to try to get stability at the absolute edge of the limits. You don't have to set the reference voltages, they usually default to those settings anyhow. It might be that different values work better than others. Those are safe to experiment with. The FSB termination voltages, vcore, PLL voltages, etc CAN damage your components, so try to stay within specs and keep your CPU cool;)

The FSB termination voltages, vcore, PLL voltages, etc CAN damage your components, so try to stay within specs and keep your CPU cool

youre right, thats my main concern:burn: so only three voltages i need to change? the cpu core at 1.51V (maxed) and the CPU at .63x and the NB at .67x and yeah., my ram, set it to auto first?

youre right, thats my main concern:burn: so only three voltages i need to change? the cpu core at 1.51V (maxed) and the CPU at .63x and the NB at .67x and yeah., my ram, set it to auto first?

Set the DRAM voltage at what your memory manufacturer reccomends. What kind of ram is it?

this one is my RAM:)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122

btw guys., im planning to go core 2 quad in the future., what cpu is the best for my set up? having my 6750 i think is my bottleneck, i only sccore 16000 in 3dmark06 running xp 64-bit

mobo: asus p5e deluxe
psu: antec 1000w true power quattro
gpu: crossfirex 3870x2
memory gskill 2x2G
cpu cooling: swiftech apogee WC
gpu cooling: Danger den WC

dude!!:thup: i just notice your sig, e6750 @ 3.81G volts is 1.48? dang!:beer: i can boot my 6750 3.7Ghz but few seconds of orthos, it stops already:(

Last edited:
this one is my RAM:)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122

btw guys., im planning to go core 2 quad in the future., what cpu is the best for my set up? having my 6750 i think is my bottleneck, i only sccore 16000 in 3dmark06 running xp 64-bit

mobo: asus p5e deluxe
psu: antec 1000w true power quattro
gpu: crossfirex 3870x2
memory gskill 2x2G
cpu cooling: swiftech apogee WC
gpu cooling: Danger den WC

dude!!:thup: i just notice your sig, e6750 @ 3.81G volts is 1.48? dang!:beer: i can boot my 6750 3.7Ghz but few seconds of orthos, it stops already:(

Set your ram at 1.9v. Remember, if all you do is game, a dual core would be better, but if you do many many things at once, a quad would be a best fit.

yes i only do gaming for my rig., but a always get laggy or chop while playing, and my 3dmark score is very low, i saw some few common setup like mine, they get 19-23000 in 3dmark., mine hitting the wall at 16+++:( and i have some question for my gpu, maybe you can help me., heres the link;

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5737353#post5737353

Benchmark scores in 3dmark will be higher with a quad in some cases, but your gaming experience will be better with a dual. They clock higher, and remember that games only use 1 or two cores anyhow.

Back