• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI mobo died. Hello P5Q!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buhammot

So I was not entirely knowing what to look for in an Asus board, and always heard great things. So I decided I didnt need SLI or crossfire, so P5Q it was.

Aahh, the heatsinks were a lil strange to me, but I figured, what the hell.. a new toy none the less :clap:

Slapped in my Q6600, made sure that XP64 still found my devices, installed drivers, etc. Once the initial completion of the basics was complete, time for a back to "normal" 3.6ghz on air

I noticed one of the options was to correct the Vdroop that was a plague before and driving me crazy. Immediately, I disabled SpeedStep, C1E, and this setting I cannot recall..

Changing the vcore to the last known vdrooped setting of 1.3875v, booted with no issues. Fired up p95, no immediate issues, and will be in for some stress testing. Curious as to see what the lowest vcore I can operate 3.6ghz without issues. Please Stand By:attn:

So far, to operate at 3.6, I am only able to keep it at 1.35v, rather than the 1.45 i had to run with the MSI. Still, load temps are around 70C, a little cooler than before, but with the stock fan. I will be upgrading that soon too...

Back