• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Lan Party DK P45-T2RS PLUS vs ASUS P5q pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

The DFI has more of a complicated bios than the Asus. If you feel you can deal with them, then go with it. If you want a more user friendly board and don't want to spend alot of time settingt up ram timings then go with Asus.

Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:
thx

The DFI has more of a complicated bios than the Asus. If you feel you can deal with them, then go with it. If you want a more user friendly board and don't want to spend alot of time settingt up ram timings then go with Asus.
Endless bios menu don't scared me, i just want the motherboard that can handle higher FSB.
The DFI looks better for OC.

Personally I like the DFI, but I had Asus before and also like them. There's alot of ram timings I don't know about so I leave these at AUTO. Evrything else I tweak and the board runs just fine. Got this P35 up to 500 no sweat. I'd like an X48, but right now i can't as I'm in the middle ov moving :-/

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new board ;)

ASUS is great unless you have to RMA it. Not seen much with the DK edition, but the LT edition of DFI Lanparty are generally the best boards in their category.

I read DFI Lan Party DK P45-T2RS PLUS has problems with OC to a high FSB, is that true ?
Is the ASUS P5q pro better OCer than the P45-T2RS ?

I read DFI Lan Party DK P45-T2RS PLUS has problems with OC to a high FSB, is that true?

Where did you hear this from? The P45 chipset does better ocing Quads than with Dual Cores if that's what you're trying to state.

However the X38/X48's shine with Dual Cores than with the Quads :)

AFAIK the DFI's oc like monsters.

^
Most of the problems I read on this thread.
It looks the 'PLUS' version with the new BIOS fix some of the OC problems.
But I would like to find a good review for the DFI P45-T2RS PLUS board.

Ahh, thx for that info. Yep, looks like a bios malfunction. Hopefully DFI took care of it.

Like any new board that comes out, there's bound to be bugs. Take a little time to be corrected.
No issues with mine since I had it. Except during a bios update it got borked and I had to send it in
for RMA. No problems at all now reaching 500FSB.

Except during a bios update it got borked and I had to send it in for RMA.
:( I hate when those things happen, the good thing about Gigabyte boards that they have dual-bios. It's a winner for those circumstances.
One thing I hate about ASUS P5q is the connectors locations, they did a poor job with that.

^
From what I saw till now the board is a problematic OCer.
I'm thinking of getting BIOSTAR I45, looks like the BIOSTAR is better than the P5q pro and the DFI.

Back