• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nice Quad Core Mobo <= $220

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Automiketic

i need a decent mobo that will last me for a while. i want something that is solid overclocker. i plan on getting a q6600. my one pet peve is i want the 24pin connector to be on the side of the board. on top of that i would like something with decent coolers on the n/b, s/b and what not. i was thinking the asus p5q deluxe but i think i may be able to get something better or cheaper. tell me what you think.

Are you considering Crossfire at all?

If not, you can pick up a P5K Premium (p35 based) for cheap, brought my QX9650 to 5.288 (dry ice) and a Q6600 to 3.6 on air. If you want a board based on the newer P45 chipset, the P5Q series is very nice.

i would prefer the p45 series. but i have done a little more research and also heard the p5q-e is better for oc'ing than the p5q deluxe. anyone have any experience with this?

sounds good. looks like my first choice was the best just didnt know if anyone else out there knew of any comparible boards i didnt want to be narrow minded.

both boards will do fine.
I am currently running blend orthos at 8.5/527fsb with my e8500.
had some issue with ram/fsb stability, finnaly got it right it seems.

P45 as i been reading up on it works well with quads with some tweaks.
Not a put in and clock, but a minor adjusting until it goes max ;)

Back