• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mobo help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i would go with the P5Q,unless your looking for CF support then go with the P5Q-E or the P5Q-Pro.

The P45 overclocks the 45nm CPU's well because of its high fsb wall. So unless you are planning on upgrading to a 45nm CPU I would just get a P35. Also, what cooling do you have? I have only seen a select few processors that have reached 3.6 on stock cooling and even those weren't all that stable.

I was planning on getting a thermalright (spelling?) ultra extreme. I thought about the p35 but i heard that the 4780x2 will be bottle necked by it. I always thought the q6600 was still the best bang for buck since it can be overclocked so high.

I vote for the P5Q, as it is my latest choice myself. I am able to hit 3.6 with either a arcticfreezer7 or the Xigmatek HDT-s1283. Tho i think i will get a better fan for the xigmatek. Stays quite warm (70C load) so water cooling or a really cold location is preferred.

I think i'm going to have to go witht he P5Q. Buhammot, did you use ddr2 800 or something a bit higher to achieve those clocks?

Back