• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP IN OVERCLICKING MY RIG PLEASE.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SCI

how is everyone doing?

I been having a hard time trying to overclock my rig this is the spec that i have in it

CPU: P4 HT 3.0 NORTHBRIDGE 800MH FSB 1MB SOCKET 478
MB: INTEL 865 CHIPSET DESKTOP BOARD D865PERL
RAM: KINGSTEN 4GB 1 GB PER STICK = D-CHANNEL PC3700
V-CARD: GE-FORCE FX 5200 256MB and i want to overclock that too if i can?
HD: 2 AT 500GB = 1TB
P-SUPPLY: 600WATT
CD-ROMS: 1 CD-RW AND 1 DVD-RW
FANS: CPU=1, CASE=2, PCI=2, RAM=2 HD=2
(AND IT'S ALWAYS 70*F IN MY HOME)

I really don't know what other info to give yall, all i know is that a good friend of mine told me that i can get all of my overclocking needs here, so this is what i have, but don't get me wrong, my rig flys but lol i want more, i want to best of my system, so if i can get help on this, u will make me a very happy person.

note: i have never overclocked a system before, so this will be my first rig.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

~SCI

:welcome: to the forums!

Your ram is faster than base requirements for the chip, so you have some headroom with that. Do you have aftermarket cooling on the processor? If you do not, you will not get much/any of an overclock on the processor. The 3.0C runs on a 200 MHz bus. You will want to start by changing this in either the motherboard bios, or with an overclocking program. Start with something small. Since the 3.0C processor runs with a multiplier of 15, anything you set the fsb to will be multiplied by this to find out your final processor speed (200x15 = 3000MHz). So a small bump of even just 10 on the fsb is an increase of 150MHz. I have never played with the PERL, so I can not give you specifics on bios menu options. Generally look for an option for ram/cpu speed/configuration and that will have your fsb/ram options.

:welcome: to the forums!

Your ram is faster than base requirements for the chip, so you have some headroom with that. Do you have aftermarket cooling on the processor? If you do not, you will not get much/any of an overclock on the processor. The 3.0C runs on a 200 MHz bus. You will want to start by changing this in either the motherboard bios, or with an overclocking program. Start with something small. Since the 3.0C processor runs with a multiplier of 15, anything you set the fsb to will be multiplied by this to find out your final processor speed (200x15 = 3000MHz). So a small bump of even just 10 on the fsb is an increase of 150MHz. I have never played with the PERL, so I can not give you specifics on bios menu options. Generally look for an option for ram/cpu speed/configuration and that will have your fsb/ram options.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INVITE TO THE SITE. ;)

Code:
Do you have aftermarket cooling on the processor?
Yes i do i have about 8 in the RIG

I have been looking at tuts and other things here and there about overclocking, but its a lil harder then i was thinking it was, so i am going to need a program to overclock my system? what do i need, name it and ill d/l it.

sorry but i have never then this before, so it will be the first rig i overclock, i dont want a major clock my system i have seen some youtube vids of some systems being overclocked some where in the 5000MHz, lol
I dont want that, i just want a lil bet just enof to see a difference,

what other information do u need from me?

Last edited:
ok now i have all the programs i need, now what do i do, how do i start?

am i not suppose to pass something like 1.5v or what ever it was,
i really dont know what i am doing in overclocking my rig, now ask me to make a game or make a program, lol or even my a rig i can do, but not overclocking, so can someone please help me...

What program are you going to be using? You can overclock it from the bios but it's only 4% or something like that. You can do that by setting a jumper (J7H2) on the board to "configure" and starting the computer. That starts the bios' "Advanced mode".
Here's the location of the jumper
D815PERL_config2.jpg D815PERL_config.jpg

What program are you going to be using? You can overclock it from the bios but it's only 4% or something like that. You can do that by setting a jumper (J7H2) on the board to "configure" and starting the computer. That starts the bios' "Advanced mode".
Here's the location of the jumper
D815PERL_config2.jpg D815PERL_config.jpg

thank you for the reply,
well i really dont know the one to use i have clockgen but there is no help file or on the site, then i have systool, and forceware coolbits but thats for the video card, and i have softfsb, now for the Stability testing i have OCCTPT2.0.0a, now for the Temperature testing i have speedfan, and now for the Benchmarking programs i have SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2009.

once i get home i will set that jumper to configure mode lol thank god i have more then 3 computers at home and if u have msn u can hit me up at [email protected].

Thank you again for everyone's help...:clap:

Back