• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5K deluxe or P5E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

popviolence

Registered
hi guys and girls.Just wanted to know,which one are better in overclocking.Im not planning to do any CF so i know that X38 benefits more for crossfire.mainly i wanna oc my Q6600(B3).our opinion are much appreciated.

Let's wait for Brolloks to finish his X48 vs. P45 vs. P35 (4870, 4870 CF) tests to finish and we'll see how much difference there is in the X48 and P45 in CF.

Here.

hi there.

Like ive said,im not gonna do cf.Just a basic gfx,however i want a good overclocking board,at least better than asus commando.

hi there.

Like ive said,im not gonna do cf.Just a basic gfx,however i want a good overclocking board,at least better than asus commando.

Considering that's one of the best boards ever made, none of those will be a step in the right direction. If you want something better than the Commando, then your only real option is the Maximus II Formula.

May I ask why you want to get rid of the Commando? Or were you just saying you want something better than it?

-Collin-

I'd stay away from x38/48 if you're not after crossfire, but you may want to look at the p45, much higher fsb for most chips :)

Let's wait for Brolloks to finish his X48 vs. P45 vs. P35 (4870, 4870 CF) tests to finish and we'll see how much difference there is in the X48 and P45 in CF.

Here.
My P5K Premium with a quad did 485 fsb no problem. That is nice for a quad :)
My P5Q Deluxe did 580 fsb with my e3110
My P5e3 Premium does 590 fsb with my e3110

They are all nice boards.

yeah,im actually looking for a better motherboard from commando.Currently i want to pair the mobo with Q6600(B3) :( .i cant afford maximus formula for this time being,plus theres good price for old stocks of those motherboards that ive mentioned above.

the p35 would be your best bet prob with that cpu, would def be an upgrade for a quad, from 965 to p35 will be worth it :)

i just realized something,have anyone use P5E with maximus formula bios or rampage formula hacked bios?Does it better compare to original bios of P5E

popviolence, i was wondering that as well.
to do so, is it the same process as updating the BIOS, or is a hack of some sort needed to use the maximus/rampage formula bios?

im not sure.:( but some my friend did it and it was a success using P5e with maximus formula /rampage formula bios and obviously with more overclocking feature.ill try and ask around.

well,ive ask my friend and he said that P5E could be flash with Maximus formula and rampage bios and meanwhile maximus formula could be flash with rampage bios too.one of the advantage( as what my friend told me) is It fixed vdrop problem.at least it minimize it and some extra OC options.im pretty sure the maximus/rampage bios is way better than P5E bios.

wow, i looked at that link. i like how when you boot up, it changes to the republic of gamers logo. so pro lol

ok, i wanna do this mod bad.

btw, to answer your initial question, it seems as p35/p45 chipsets reach higher FSB.
if i had realised this earlier, i woudl've got myself a p35 as they were cheaper, but lets look on the bright side, i have 2x16 PCI E lanes and better heatsink than p35 boards. lol

yes it is.But this is so tempting,because youll get a "fake" rog board cheaper(not sure in other countries,but in malaysia the price differs a lot).Let me know the result anyway.SO right now,im still in the middle.

Back