• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Striker 2 extreme need help !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baran

Hello..

I am a total noob concerning overclocking..
Still it attracks me, its weird.. it pulls me.. like the dark side..
What must i do ? can anyone please help me out..

So many settings in the bios it scares me.. i dont want to frie my rig >_<

Anyone out there have a striker 2 extreme motherboard ? there are 3 settings for the processor speed..

auto = QX9650 3.0
QX9770 = QX9770 3.4
Crazy = dunno ?

so ive put mine on QX9770 and it runns fine
But after setting it on crazy i got a blue screen, so now im running at QX9770again

my memmory settings are 9-9-9-24

so what i want is to OC my motherboard, speed up my processor and make my memory faster...

I hope someone can guid me through the Dark side :D

Then you probably need to do some manual oc, setting memory speed, voltage, multiplier cpu voltage fsb.

tnx for your repley..

I guesse i have to do that yes... but how do i proceed, what must i do first ? is there a guid to do it proper.. i have googled for it many times but cant find anything :/

When I get home tonight I'll get you my BIOS template and some suggested settings...I'm at work so its going to be about 7 hours+ before I can offer any assistance....

Ok...I'm not going to advise you on what vcore to put through your CPU ...mainly because I don't want to be liable if you aren't cooling it well enough and cook it...alos when you are trying these settings I'd sugegst that you use a low multiplier so taht you cna elminate the cpu MHz as a problem initially

But here are some settings that may work for you to get 450FSB on the board.

1st set to manual OC. Then set Linked and Synched.
Load calibration should be Enabled

Drop down to yoru CPU Config and disable everything there expect the separate cores of your CPU.

Jump into the memory timings and set 7-7-7-20 -Auto for Command rate, everything else is auto also.

Now go into overvoltage...

set PLL to 1.60
VTT to 1.3
mem to 1.9-2.0 depending on your sticks (read the sticker)
NB to 1.58 (it will get hot so cool it very well)
SB to 1.6

Lastly in the spread spectrums...I disable all of those

Ok if you have some stability issues after trying these settings I can help you with the GTL REFs and the P1, P2...but lets try the above stuff first. :beer:

Hope this works for you....everyones gear is a bit different so we will need to get teh right settings for your particular combination of stuff.

Edit: Ignore my ram suggested timings and go with the defaults for your...I just noticed you have 1333 ram, it may or may not clock very well at all depnding on the ICs. If you know what ICs are on those sticks let me know so we can work on those timings. In fact this may hold you back from hiting teh FSB you need to get your CPU clocks where you want. The good news is you have a QX so we can go to just using the multiplier to overclock your CPU and leave the FSB where it won't stress the ram (try anyways just to see if you can get 450FSB)

Last edited:
thank u for your help :)

ive done everything u mentioned, but lowering memsets to 7-7-7-20 dont work, so ive set it to 8-8-8-20 and all works just fine (for now) gonna do a memtest and see if all is stable..

Thank u very much for your time

Back