• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

700fsb!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@crilicM@n

Well, in my quest for a good overclocking motherboard for my next total new desktop, choosing between x48 expensives and p45 mobos... I toped with the biostar TPower I45 and found on the newegg reviews with people claiming it to be an excelent overclocker, even better than the rampage formula (wich i was considering after seen 580fsb reports), people claim stable e8400@ 6ghz with 600 fsb!!:drool: and even windows screenshots @ 700 fsb!!! well, for 150 bucks i think i found my place... WIll have to run the risk of the not so good support... :santa2:

Good luck, but remember... Those screen shots CAN be faked...

also... It is a newegg review... I think he may be lying unless he can prove it with cpu-z validation (not a screen shot!.

Last edited:
Please for the love of God, don't choose a board based on Newegg reviews.....There are a few guys on there that can their Q6600 up to 55 ghz.....really they can.....and on PC133 too.....:p

Thanks Deanzo! One more step of courage now for me! As there are 10 of 10 owner reviews there saying that it's a good clocker! i'm seriously considering it!

wow a $150 600fsb capable mb is just nasty!a 700fsb capable board for that price?im speechless...

And it comes with one of the best onboard audio chips, 8+2 channels capable with good noise ratio... I doesn't comes with that onboard aditional raid cho controller, who cares, it has worse performance than intels solution... They made a really competitive motherboard... I was about to pay even 200-220 dollarf just for it's overclock possibility... I was looking at the rampage (seen 580 fsb...), but this performance price ratio, i'll run the risks of it!

Good luck man! Please let us know how it goes for you! I particularly like the PWM cooler with the fan. It looks pretty effective. I'm looking for a new mobo myself and have my eye on the TPower IP45. So get to it! I'm waiting!!! :D

You'll be lucky to see 600+ passing Prime on any air/cased setup, you need the right board/chip to do it. All the extreme results are done with sub-zero cooling, big difference ;)

Good luck man! Please let us know how it goes for you! I particularly like the PWM cooler with the fan. It looks pretty effective. I'm looking for a new mobo myself and have my eye on the TPower IP45. So get to it! I'm waiting!!! :D

Unfortunately i'll have to wait a long time for it to come at me from USA to Brazil... Still buying all the parts for a brand new starting from ground desktop... Reading reviews of case, cpu, mouse, keyboard, hd's... monitors :drool:

I'd like to know more details about youngpro's oc... but too much busy to search... :(

Here's a review of the board: http://www.trustedreviews.com/motherboards/review/2008/07/10/Biostar-TPower-I45/p1

SOme comments:
"When the TPower I45 goes on sale in a week or too we expect it to cost £99 which may be discounted to £85. That's a reasonable price for a P45 motherboard but it's hard to see why you'd prefer the Biostar to an Asus P5Q Pro, a P5Q Deluxe or an MSI P45 Diamond unless you have your heart set on some extreme overclocking and have a great deal of patience and time."

Asus has being my "other choice"... I'm starting to think that big coolers will have trouble with that Harbor cooler that comes with it.. The guys in that review did not manage to install his cpu cooler with the harbor at the same time, or a problem like that... Not shure how much overclok has he missed without it tough... Not shure it was a very good review....

The yougpro record was with liquid nitrogen.... But I foud the Belgian Pt1t aircooling record of 641 fsb with the tpower I45! Found a 710mhz with the rampage formula extreme at LN too.... : http://www.nordichardware.com/news,7880.html

A 6ghz validation here

Back