• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Motherboard for a Q9450 DDR3 X48 when price is not a problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shaitan000

Registered
I'm looking to find the best Motherboard for my new system (currently building it up). As the subject states I am looking to get one of the best (money is not an issue) motherboards to go with my Q9450, from what I've read so far it looks like that would be an X48 with DDR3.

Personally I am typically a huge fan of Asus (but open to other suggestions), personally I would love to buy the RAMPAGE EXTREME but it still hasn't been released in north america (sucks), so in the meantime I was looking at the following other contenders and was wondering what you guys thought:
- Asus Rampage Extreme (I wish - if only it were out)
- Asus P5E64 WS Evolution (looks like a pretty good replacement for the Rampage Extreme no?)
- Asus P5E3 Premium (not a huge fan of the on-board wifi for a desktop pc)

Of course, as I stated I am open to any sugestions, I want to get the best possible motherboard to leverage my system and ensure it remains as cool as possible.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

[Profile]
CPU: INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9450
MOTHERBOARD: Asus X48 DDR3 (still debating on which one)
VIDEO: ASUS/SAPHIRE 4870 (Arctic AccelS1 rev2 with dual fans)
RAM: 2x2G OCZ DDR3 PC-12800 1600 MHZ (Platinum or Reaper HPC)
HDD: 4x Western Digital SATA2 500GB
2x Western Digital PATA 320GB
Case: Full ATX Tower with 5x 120mm & 1x 200mm fans

Back