• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Latest news on the Asus Rampage Extreme X48 DDR3 motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shaitan000

Registered
I was wondering if there was any concrete news on the release of the Asus Rampage Extreme X48 DDR3 motherboard in North America (really want to get one).
Or - is there a real equivalent contender out on the market today?

Any information would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Ya - it was on my initial list of Motherboards I was considering - and while it did get great reviews it also has a few downs and requires a lot of time and patiences (as per the reviews I've read).

Overall - it looked like the Asus Rampage Extreme was a better choice.

Have you tried the BlackOps X48 personally? Meaning I am curious to know if this is a personal recommendation or simply listing something "in the same category"?

Thanks,

@Shaitan000, I don't have one but a friend does. What I have is the Rampage Extreme. If you can wait for a week or two, it may be available there by then.

U lucky ... :)
Where did you get it? UK or Australia? How long as it been available there?
(curious - trying to gage how long I may have to wait - wanted to build my new system within 10 days and that motherboard really seems amazing)...

I assume you are satisfied with it? Even at the price?

08-01-08, 07:52 PM

Little update from MBP.com

Hi Lance-
Looks like Asus will have it in one week and then begin shipping out to distributors, so 2 weeks. As soon as we get a price, we will sku it up online.
Thanks
Melissa
www.MotherboardPro.com

Looks like we have another 2 weeks before any of the US retailers get it...just gives me enough time to either go bankrupt or design a good bank heist plan...lol...

I will post when I hear from MBP.com...believe me...I am right on them :D...

Where did you get it? UK or Australia? How long as it been available there?
Got it in Singapore. Was available since Tuesday last week. As for the price, its way too pricey from what I can see in the UK. I paid more than $100 than those posted in some UK e-tailers :(

I am very well satisfied with it but this is my first x48 and DDR3 motherboard so I am still working my way through it. Just got an E8600 today as well, also a first for me as I never owned a Wolfdale before.

Here's a retail shop in Singapore where they have it http://www.videopro.com.sg/products...cts_id=6003&osCsid=nrh69ktl2enbrf5pcjssjutuo0
Check out at how much they have it for...
Got mine from another shop though

@glock19owner: did MotherBoardPro give any hint on its pricing there?

Just checked out that link...after conversion...thats 546.28 :eek:

Overclockers.Uk has it for £219.99 (342.92 US)...and I already tried to order...stated the weight exceded the max shipping for my US address :bang head

But that should be around what the price is here...maybe 40.00 more or so...

Back