• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximus II Formula [email protected] 24/7 settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rhoko

This is my first post...
Ok, i have a Maximus II Formula and a [email protected]. I was just wondering if these settings are ok for 24/7 use..
Vcore 1.32
NB 1.25
SB 1.1
RAM 2.0
PLL 1.55
vtt 1.32
I have been running Prime95 for about 4 hours and still going. Temps are 65c on all cores. Any help with some tweeks would be great..

I have had no luck with my attempt at 500fsb with stability.. My ram is FUBAR as far as i can tell. I can get it to post but will freeze after a few minuets.

I ran memtest and had a lot of errors:temper: Need to rma my ram.. I dont have any spare sticks will have to buy another 2.. Does any one have any suggestions on some good ram.. I am using G-Skill DDR2 800 but would like to get some 1000 or 1066.

Try lowering FSB and using a memory divider to see if it really is your RAM at fault. It could also be the NorthBridge. Also, disable USB legacy support in your BIOS while running memtest...I know it sounds weird, but I was getting all kinds of errors in memtest w/ it enabled...can't hurt to try.

Did some fiddling around with memtest and my ram clocks and speed.. At stock (800MHz) i ran test #5 and 6 about 7 or 8 passes and no errors. I uped it to 1066MHz and no errors.

I am sitting at 8x500 4.0 typing this.. I am still figuring out the Bios. I used the 400 strap and set the ram to 1000MHz and 2.2V maby a little high but some stability for the moment.. I was a little quick to blame the ram for the problem when it is just my noob experience with the bios. Now off to see how P95 works out..

What bios version are you using?

Did you set the GTL-ref or is it set at auto?

Also you are doing pretty well in my book with clocking that quad, nice work :beer:

Thanks.. I am Still having trouble with the ram at that speed. Try to prime and freezes, no blue screen just freezes..
I havent change any of the gtl-ref's i dont know where to begin to set them.. I have searched around and havent found much about them and this board.

I am using bios 604. I should up date to the latest..I dont feel comfortable updating with flash drive or a floppy.. I guess i need to suck it up and just do it..A guy over at XS put alot of asus bios in a iso file and thats where i got the 604 bios..

Thanks.. I am Still having trouble with the ram at that speed. Try to prime and freezes, no blue screen just freezes..
I havent change any of the gtl-ref's i dont know where to begin to set them.. I have searched around and havent found much about them and this board.

A good rule of thumb is if the screen freezes it's cpu....If it quickly reboots it's memory. Not always the case but generally a good guide to follow.

Ok. I had it backwards.. I thought freeze was memory.. It seems that my 3.8 overclock is now not stable..

Could prime small FFT for at least 4 hours and now it wont go more than 30 min. I am getting random restarts also with the same settings as my first post.. Games will freeze after about a hour also..

What is the chance this all could be a PSU prob?? My corseair 750 crapped out a a few weeks ago and havent had time to rma it yet.. I am using a MSI Turbostream 600w but only has 480w on duel 12v rail with 22amp per rail. Should be plenty of power?? i think..

Back