• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest CPU for a p2b-ls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WaSSted

What is the fastest cpu I can get to run in this motherboard? Anyone know?
I have tried a P3 slot 1 600 and 800 with no luck, I found that they runa at a lower voltage which the motherboard does not like. I have been thinking about getting an 800 celeron, I have a socket 370 converter which has the voltage settings on it, which I think may work but im not positive. Anyone know of a CPU that will positivly work on this board? I have bought and returned 2 cpu's so far and dont want to do a third... Could I possibly run a 1Ghz celeron?

THanks for the help..

kirk

Fastest I got to work was a Celeron 566. Celeron II's and the new core PIII's just do not work at all on this MB. Might be a BIOS update with new microcode though.... This was all as of 12 months ago, so who knows...

That is what I have running in mine right now too... but mine is a 366 o/c to 566
I cant really see why a celeron 800 wouldnt work but I would like to see if anyone has any experience with any other cpus before I spend any more money

Kirk

it depends on the revision number of your board, the bios you're running (get the latest upgrade and flash it) and most importantly the type of voltage regulator you have. if you can tell me these things i can tell you what is possible. I had a P3 1000mhz 100mhz FSB slot 1 running on it and stable as well.

The efluction of time.

I had given up over clocking this board beyond a p2 cpu 350 overclocked to 392 using the max bus setting of 112.
On 3/2/04 I received the powerleap package in the mail and after installation I had a board running beautufully at 1568!! i.e. 112 on a 100 speed celeron tualatin on powerleaps slotkey.

Back