• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P35-DS3R POST Problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dagger.tail

Hi guys! This is my first time on this forum! As I am relatively new to overclocking, I was wondering if you guys could help me out a little .

Specs:
Intel C2D E6550 2.33 GHz w/ Zalman CPNS9700 LED
Corsair 2 x CM2X1024-6400 800 MHz
XFX 8800 GT 512 w/ Zalman fansink
Enermax 460W PSU

I can run it stable 400 MHz FSB with a 1:1 ratio with the DRAM. I tried OC'ing to 3.01 with 430 MHz and 860 MHz RAM. It booted up fine and returned no errors on Prime95 for 2.5 hours. I decided that I would try torture testing it next morning and did a last reboot. And in that reboot the motherboard didn't POST and reverted back to default setting. And anytime I tried overclocking it would revert to factory default settings and not save the OC. I was thinking that it might be the motherboard as MANY Gigabyte motherboards have reported this problem.

One forum said that if I disable the "Detect Legacy USB" then it will save. I tried that and it worked so right now I am on 2.80 GHz (400 MHz FSB).

So the question is: Is this a motherboard problem or is 3010/860 (CPU/DRAM) MHz OC taxing my PSU too much? Can a 460W PSU handle this OC?:confused:

Thanks for all your help and assistance.:)

460w is enough for that setup unless it is a garbage psu.

Try listing your bios OC settings.

Thanks meionm for replying!

My BIOS settings for the 3.01 GHz overclock is as follows:

PCI Express: 100 MHz
FSB: 430 MHz
System performance: Standard (lowered from Turbo for stability)
Memory timings: 5-5-5-18
Memory speed: 860 MHz
PCI-express overvoltage: default
North bridge and south bridge overvoltage: default (it's on manual and i haven't changed it)
RAM overvoltage: default
Vcore: 1.45 (i think this is too high?) default is 1.35

My processor can support from 0.85-1.5
http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLA9X

Thanks for your help! =)

PCI Express: 100 MHz
FSB: 430 MHz
System performance: Standard (lowered from Turbo for stability)
Memory timings: 5-5-5-18
Memory speed: 860 MHz
PCI-express overvoltage: default
North bridge and south bridge overvoltage: default (it's on manual and i haven't changed it)
RAM overvoltage: default
Vcore: 1.45 (i think this is too high?) default is 1.35
You are running memory at default voltage, 1.8v. Add some voltage to ram overvoltage, maybe +0.2v or 0.3v. Add about +0.1v to northbridge and try overclocking. If you have memory multiplier running auto set it to lowest one, the one that gives right now 860.

Last edited:
You are running memory at default speed, 1.8v. Add some voltage to ram overvoltage, maybe +0.2v or 0.3v. Add about +0.1v to northbridge and try overclocking. If you have memory multiplier running auto set it to lowest one, the one that gives right now 860.

Thanks for the suggestion...I will try it out :) . I already have the ram running 1:1 with my CPU giving me 860 MHz.

EDIT:

Hey guys I could get a stable overclock of 3.01 GHz with 10 hours in Prime95:

With the validation here: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=399288

I have all voltage on stock with Vcore on v1.35.

Do you think I should undervolt the CPU and/or tighten timings? To tighten the RAM timings should I overvolt the RAM +0.2? Right now it is at default v0.8.

Last edited:
Back