• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antech 400 with Smart Fan,how is it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I just got a Antech PS 400 Watt with the smart fan,has anyone used this PS and if so how are they..Any problems??
thanks

I have that PSU in my 1040b,Never have figured out why its called a "smartfan"..It does have the connector for a Mobo fan connector...I hooked it up..and I never saw a difference...can anyone explain what its for?..the book that came with it didnt even mention it

I believe the smartfan is a temparature controlled fan, which means that after the psu get to a certain temp the fan switches on lowering the heat the switches off when the temp has dropped i've never seen one work properly though!! ;)

If you don't connect it to the mobo it will just run all the time!!

Chances are your mobo won't have a connetor for it anyway!! ;)

ok..thanx..well my mobo has a connecter for it..its a standard on board Fan connecter..same one that a northbridge fan or cpu fan plugs into....My fan in my PSU runs all the time anyway..i think..so im just gonna leave it alone

is the connector two pin style with black and white wire? I think I have one of those in the 300watt flavor.

I will reply to myself then. looks like you can monitor the RPM with your mobo and then you can see how this smart logic temp controled variable speed fan works.

I got one of the pp303 in my sx830 for 50bucks shipped. the deal keeps getting sweeter. and the fan has clear blades which always looks tight.

http://www.antec-inc.com/product/powers/pp303x.html

lol, we weren't ignoring you really!!:rolleyes:

I think that these smart fans are pointless really, as you may as well just have them on 12v full time and possibly get better temps....

lol...well my case started hovering on its own yesterday...:D...and i still want more then the 6 fans that are in it....Maybe i'll mount a 30,000BTU airconditioner to the side...lol...j/k :D

It's GREAT! I own one (PP412x) that came with my Antec 1040b case and it provides me with 5.12v on my 5v rail, and 12.3v on my 12v rail under load. The fan autoadjusts very well and is quiet during most operation, except a bit of spinning up for games to keep itself cool.

I can hear my Antec 400w fan speeding up as well. The PS is rock solid. It now has been running for a few days and it seems to have settled down and has kept a very steady 5.03 volts. Even unload it has not slipped under 5v.

Back