• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximus and Rampage owners please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jokers_greg

being the idiot that I am, I've spilled water on my board... yeah thats right :bang head. Anyways, symptoms include the PC starting fine, freezing, and restarting after a few seconds. The voltages on NB/SB/CPU/DDR all soar into insane levels after the restart. There is no video ( I only know these voltages thanks to the maximus LED's). In any case, today I tried again, it started fine and I rushed into the BIOS and set all my voltages from auto, to a level I think is acceptable.

The system is just running at stock right now, but I don't know what "stock" voltages are on the maximus (flashed to rampage). Can someone please hop on there hardware monitor in their BIOS, and tell me all the voltages? Including NB/SB/SB 1.5 etc. Just please make sure you have no overclocking going on (since NB voltages is usually moved up when you do)

It would be a major help, also what are your NB/SB temps at stock?

Thanks for your help in advanced guys

For default...set everything to the lowest...

And how long did you wait for the board to dry before you turned your system on?

I can't leave everything on default. When its set to auto, it ramps the voltages up. I have to set them manually. I've blow dried it a few times and its been a few days since the leak.
For default...set everything to the lowest...

And how long did you wait for the board to dry before you turned your system on?

im pretty sure if i set everything to the lowest, i'll be undervolting so much it won't start. I would really rather someone just post a screenshot of there hardware monitor in BIOS with stock clocks

glock19owner

Been away from forms to long.
Please tell me what (Native) ROG in yor sig is.
Sorry for asking in jokers_greg post.

ok this is what's weird. If i leave the PC unplugged for a couple of hours and then turn it on. it works fine. Then I'll go into windows or something and it'll restart, once reset, all LED's are on "crazy" which are extremely high voltages. I have no POST when these LED's are up. I've used my blowdryer on both my PSU and my mobo. There is no way I can still have moisture in the system. Do you guys have any idea whats going on? And will somebody PLEASE post those voltages!!

The crazy LEDs happened to me with my first fridge experiment. Eventually, it will no longer function, it's best off to just RMA it. No reason to prolong.

guess the only question now is... what motherboard can fill the maximus' shoes. P5Q-E? Would rather not downgrade overclockability, and i hear the P45's are good in that dept.

damn this blows, there goes another paycheck

My old ASUS motherboard had the SN on a sticker near where the IO ports are. It may be there too in your case .

Back