• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with speedfan and Asus P5Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adict2jane

Registered
Hello,

Got a new rig together last week based around a Asus P5Q (vanilla) mobo.

I like to use speedfan to watch cpu and hard disk temps. Unfortunately, it hasn't really been working with this mobo. The program runs fine but does not pick up the Winbond sensor for the motherboard for some reason, only the hard disk temps show up.

Any Idea what the problem could be? The computer runs flawlessly otherwise with standard Win XP Pro 32bit. What is also strange is that Asus's PC Probe software picks up the readings.

Thanks in advance :)

Maybe because Speedfan isn't optimized/Updated for the new chipsets/sensors? MBM5 ( Motherboard Monitor 5) was an awsome program, but then the ppl stopped updating it and now it's useless on new chipsets/sensors.

You can use Everest for a complete temps monitoring. Hardware Monitor also does the same thing.

Thanks for your reply Nebulous

Here's something interesting. I tried to use the front usb ports just now and they weren't working. So I opened her up and found the usb cable for the front panel was unplugged. Plugged it back in, fired her up and tried speedfan after it booted. What do you know it worked! I could see all the voltages, fan speeds and system temps. Then I restarted after some software installation, started speedfan again and it hasn't worked since. Tried restarting the program and the computer like 20 times.

really weird...

I got speedfan to work with my P5Q deluxe, by loading CPU-Z first, and then speedfan.

For some reason it doesn't pick up the sensors any other way for me :screwy:

I got speedfan to work with my P5Q deluxe, by loading CPU-Z first, and then speedfan.

For some reason it doesn't pick up the sensors any other way for me :screwy:

Crazy, that totally works! The sensor is a Winbond W83627DHG in case anyone is interested. So weird. Thanks EvilgNZ!

Back