• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5E-VM DO and Intel Q9300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dsymanow

I've been trying to overclock an Intel 9300 quad-core CPU (2.5 GHz), but with very limited success. Any ideas or insights would be appreciated. Here is the situation:

I have an Asus P5E-VM DO motherboard with the latest (7.07) BIOS. It runs the CPU fine with standard (default) BIOS settings.

When I try to overclock it, it hits a wall at 342 MHz. Below that frequency, it is rock solid. At that frequency and above, it will not boot. I have not been able to find any combination of BIOS settings that make a difference - it simply will not go above 342 MHz. I've tried methodically altering all of the voltage and frequency settings in the BIOS, to no avail.

I'm using 2x 1GB sticks of Crucial DDR2 6400 memory. It also has an nVidia 9800GT video card. I've set the PCI-E bus at 100 MHz and left it there.

I've tried the Vdroop mod mentioned in other posts, but it made no difference.

I'm not trying to do any extreme overclocking. I'd be happy to get to 3.0 GHz.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Are you setting memory voltage manually and setting appropriate memory multiplier?

Back